Probably everyone, while relaxing at sea, heard exclamations: “Baklava, the most delicious baklava!” Having once tasted such oriental pastries, I became her fan forever. Incredibly tasty, the baklava melting in the mouth is saturated with fragrant sweet honey - with a lot of nuts in the filling. This is just an oriental tale, which I fell in love with from the first test.
- granulated sugar - 150 grams (for dough) + 150 grams (for filling);
- yolks - 4 pieces (for dough) + 1 piece (for lubrication);
- squirrels - 4 pieces;
- walnuts - 300 grams;
- whole grain flour - 400-500 grams;
- butter - 150-200 grams;
- sour cream - 200 milliliters;
- soda - 1 teaspoon, without a slide;
- liquid honey - 100-150 milliliters.
The most delicious baklava. Step by step recipe
- Separate the yolks from the proteins, how to quickly and efficiently do this with a plastic bottle - see on my website “I Love Cooking”.
- Pour granulated sugar over the yolks and, using a mixer, beat until the yolks lighten.
- Pour sour cream into a separate bowl and pour soda. It must be repaid in lactic acid, so it is not necessary to extinguish soda with vinegar separately.
- Add sour cream to the sugar-yolk mixture.
- Enter the melted butter: and whisk everything with a mixer.
- Tip. The oil can be melted in the microwave, but then it needs to be cooled slightly, otherwise it will brew the yolks, and they will become unsuitable for further cooking.
- The flour needs to be sifted: in this way we enrich it with oxygen, and this favorably affects our baking - it becomes more magnificent and airy.
- We gradually introduce the flour into a container with liquid components, mix well: the dough for real baklava should turn out to be very greasy, not bother.
- We cover the finished dough and send it to a cold place for about an hour.
- Cooking the baklava stuffing: for this, walnuts need to be dried a little in the oven or toasted in a pan.
- Put the roasted nuts on a board and grind with a knife. It is not necessary to chop nuts very finely.
- Add sugar to the nuts and the remaining proteins. Beat whites to make baklava is not necessary. Mix everything, enveloping every piece of nut.
- The cooled dough is divided into three or four parts.
- We spread the parchment on a board or on the table surface and roll out the dough into thin cake: approximately 3 millimeters thick.
- Together with the parchment we transfer the cake for the homemade baklava to the baking sheet: this will be our first, lower layer. The baking sheet must be selected large.
- Spread a portion of the nut-protein filling on the cake and cover with the next layer of dough.
- Then again we coat the cake with the filling. We perform the procedure until we use all the components for our baklava.
- The edges of the upper layer are well plucked and greased with a little whipped yolk.
- The reverse side of the knife blade, not sharp, we draw our dough, outlining rhombuses. In the middle of each rhombus we put a quarter of the nut.
- Tip. We decorate the top of the baklava with unroasted nuts, because they will therefore be fried, along with the dough.
- We send the baklava at home in the oven for baking: for about half an hour. The temperature in the oven is 180 degrees Celsius.
- Pour the finished baked baklava with liquid honey. With a brush we distribute honey over the entire surface.
- We put the baklava poured with honey back into the oven. Five minutes - and it should be baked, the next five minutes - to relax in the oven off.
Baked baklava, saturated with honey, with a fried crust is a real oriental delicacy, at the sight of which not a single sweet tooth can resist. Cook with our site "I love to cook" and other goodies of different cuisines of the world - and surprise your guests with a variety of dishes.