Fasting is already running out, spring is ahead and a bright Easter holiday awaits us, for which we begin to prepare in advance: the most delicious Easter cake is what should be prepared first. It smells of Easter cakes with fragrant sweet warmth and a unique aroma of homemade muffin. They are obtained according to this recipe from an old book airy, porous and incredibly tasty. It’s very simple to make a cake at home, in the oven.
- 330 grams of flour;
- 120 grams of sugar;
- 120 milliliters of milk for dough + 30 milliliters for dough;
- 100 grams of butter 82% fat;
- 5 grams of dry yeast;
- 0.25 teaspoon of salt;
- 2 medium chicken eggs + 1 egg for lubrication and glaze preparation;
- 150 grams of raisins;
- 50 grams of candied fruits;
- 125 grams of powdered sugar;
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
The most delicious Easter cake. Step by step recipe
- The dough will be cooked in a sparse way. For dough, sift half the whole flour into a deep bowl, add dry yeast and mix so that the yeast is evenly distributed in the flour. Pour warm milk and knead (first with a spoon, and then continue with your hand) the dough. We form a ball, cover with a napkin and leave it for 3 hours in a warm place (make sure that there are no drafts).
Tip. You can, of course, use pressed, fresh yeast in a ratio of 1 to 3 (that is, for this recipe you will need 15 grams of fresh yeast). But for this recipe, all the same, dry ones are more suitable. I recommend the saf-moment yeast: they are added directly to dry flour, quickly react: the dough rises better and turns out more airy.
- After the dough is suitable 2-3 times, we begin to cook baking for Easter cake.
- In a bowl with a mixer, beat 2 eggs, add salt and sugar (pour sugar in small portions, without stopping beating). Pour a few drops of vanilla essence there (you can replace it with vanilla sugar or any other flavoring that suits your taste). Beat until the mass begins to drain from the mixer with a ribbon.
- In a separate bowl, beat the softened (at room temperature) butter into a lush mass.
- Sift the remaining flour to the dough. Tear the dough into small pieces (so that all the components of the dough are well connected). In flour mixed with dough, make a hole, pour 30 grams of warm milk there, egg mixture and begin to knead the dough (it turns out on the border between soft and liquid).
Tip. Since the flour is different for everyone, it is better to first pour the egg mixture, and only then, if necessary, pour the milk.
- We spread the dough on a table or any other work surface (do not sprinkle with flour). Knead the dough until it gathers into a single lump.
Tip. Use a special scraper to knead and scrape the dough from the dishes.
- Then add the butter (can be in parts, but you can all at once). And we continue to knead until the dough stops sticking to the hands and the table. The process is quite long, you can see the video under the recipe.
- Round the finished dough, transfer to a bowl slightly greased with vegetable oil, cover and leave it warm for 3 hours: it should double in size.
Tip. When choosing a warm place for the dough, pay attention to the oven: if you have a light in it, then you can put the dough in a cold oven and turn on the lamp - the temperature there will be 28 degrees, which is very optimal for the test.
- We prepare molds for Easter cakes (the recipe uses detachable molds with a diameter and height of 12 centimeters): cover the bottom with baking paper, and grease the sides with butter.
- We prepare raisins and candied fruits, mix them with the finished dough.
Tip. If desired, the amount of candied fruit and raisins can be added much more than by prescription. But it is worth remembering that then the baking will turn out more difficult.
- We divide the dough into two parts (since we have 2 molds).
- Round the soft dough and form it on a plate greased with vegetable oil: collect the edges in the middle and make a ball that we put in the mold. If necessary, trim a little more with your hands.
- The dough fills the form by a third (a maximum of half, so that there is room to go up when baking).
- We leave the filled molds warm for proofing, for about 2 hours: the dough should rise 1.5-2 times. The higher the dough during proofing, the more airy the Easter cake is.
- Grease the top of home-made cakes, using a brush, with yolk (in several stages, very carefully). We will need the yolk of one egg (remove the protein, we will need it for the preparation of the glaze).
- Forms with ready-made Easter cakes are sent to the oven preheated to 180-190 degrees for 40-45 minutes. We check readiness with a wooden skewer: if it is dry - cakes are baked.
- We cool Easter cakes directly in the form, on the grate (so that the bottom is not wet). Then remove the form.
Tip. If you make large cakes, they should be cooled by the grandmother's method, in pillows, in a horizontal position, periodically turning over so that the sides do not lie down and cool down faster. “On down pillows, in the dining room on the couch - so as not to fail!” - lie huge cakes, covered with pink kisenko, - cool down. "
- From the remaining chicken protein, prepare the icing. Beat it with a mixer, add, in parts, 125 grams of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Whisk together until smooth, shiny mass.
- Dip the Easter cake with the top in the icing and immediately decorate with the sprinkle: the icing freezes very quickly.
With our own hands we will prepare incredibly beautiful and delicious Easter cakes for Easter. All that remains is to color the eggs and make the curd Easter - and the readiness for the holiday will be one hundred percent. On the site “I love to cook” you will find a variety of recipes for Easter: egg coloring, homemade cakes for every taste, curd Easter for family and guests.