At the pre-Easter fair I tried an unusual, very tasty Easter cake made on sour cream. The dough is soft, lush, moist, quite dense (does not tear with feathers), reminds me of a rum woman - so juicy and tasty that you lick your fingers. For a long time I was looking for a recipe among many similar ones, but here one of all turned out to be exactly what we needed. It is impossible to forget the taste - this is the most delicious Easter cake on sour cream! I want to complement your festive Easter menu and offer to cook such a special Easter cake. There is nothing complicated and abstruse in the recipe: just a few moments - and you can surprise your loved ones with Easter cake on sour cream.
- flour - 350 grams;
- dry yeast - 5 grams;
- milk - 100 grams;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon;
- sugar - 120-150 grams;
- fat sour cream (30%) - 75 grams;
- butter - 75 grams;
- raisins - 50-60 grams;
- candied fruits - 20-30 grams;
- vanilla essence - 1-2 drops (to replace vanillin or other confectionery perfumes);
- yolk for lubrication - 1 piece
The most delicious Easter cake on sour cream. Step by step recipe
- Preparing the dough: take about 75-80 grams of sifted flour, add dry yeast to it and mix everything.
- The quality of a delicious Easter cake is very dependent on yeast. And it is important! Therefore, when choosing them, be sure to pay attention to the production date and shelf life (yeast must be fresh). They should also be active and raise the dough well. Therefore, my advice to you: before you bake Easter cakes, try this yeast on any other pastries (cakes, donuts and so on).
- We heat the milk to 35-40 degrees and pour in small portions into the dry mixture, stir until smooth. The dough will look like a thick semolina, will reach for a spoon.
- Cover with cling film, make a few punctures in it. This is so that the dough can breathe and does not steam. The cling film can be replaced with a linen towel.
- We put in a warm place for 1.5-2 hours. To do this, I use a large bowl of warm water in which I put a bowl of dough. Just do not pour too hot water - it should be warm (comfortable for the hand), this will be enough. During the proofing, the dough will increase by 2-3 times and may even begin to sag - this is a sign that the dough is ready.
- In a separate container, beat the eggs with salt and sugar until a light, slightly viscous foam. Please note: we do not add salt to the dough - it inhibits the fermentation of yeast.
- Add fat sour cream to the egg mixture and beat for about 1 minute to mix everything well. Here is a whipping of baking for yeast dough is done to maximize its saturation with oxygen. Oxygen is the key to good yeast fermentation and, as a result, Easter cakes will become even more magnificent and tender (personally verified).
- Separately, beat the softened butter.
- Pour the egg mixture into the ready-made dough, stir with a spoon until a homogeneous structure and gradually introduce the remaining sifted flour. Knead a very soft, viscous dough. If it seems to you that it is too thick or liquid, then correct it by adding a little milk or flour. This is possible - and this is normal: after all, everyone has different flour.
- Knead the dough until it begins to gather in one homogeneous lump and gradually lag behind the hands. After small portions, add whipped butter - you will notice that it has become liquid again. It should be so. Continue kneading until the dough starts to stick easily off your hands. If you have a kneading machine, you can easily achieve the desired result using the hook attachment. You can also knead with your hands on a clean, dry surface according to French technology: pick up the dough, stretch it as much as possible, fold it, turn it over and so on. And you can knead in a bowl, knocking the dough from the bottom up, so that it is maximally enriched with oxygen.
- We put the finished dough into a bowl slightly greased with vegetable oil, round it off (collect the edges at the top in the center and turn it over - you get a beautiful smooth hat).
- Cover the dough with a linen towel, cling film or a tight lid, leave in a warm place to approach for 2-3 hours.
- Wash raisins under running water. If it is too dry for you, then pour boiling water for 20-30 minutes, and then dry on a towel. If necessary, cut into small pieces.
- After the dough has come up, you need to knead it well (grease your hands with vegetable oil), add raisins, candied fruits, vanilla essence. Mix everything until the dried fruits are evenly distributed.
- Lubricate baking dishes with butter. I used 2 molds with a volume of 1 liter.
- We grease our hands with vegetable oil, take the separated part of the dough, twist the edges below the bottom so that a beautiful, smooth hat is formed on top of us, and put into shape. The dough should fill it no more than half, and ideally - на.
- We put the forms with the test to fit another 1.5-2 hours. Then gently coat the top with beaten yolk so that the dough does not fall: it is very tender. Alternatively, you could separate a little beaten egg, at the stage when we beat them for the test. But I prefer a beautiful, shiny top: therefore, I use the yolk separately.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180-190 degrees. If your Easter cake weighs 500 grams, then 40-45 minutes will be enough; for an Easter cake weighing 1 kilogram, it will take about an hour.
- We spread the hot ready-made Easter cakes on sour cream on a pillow covered with a linen towel, and periodically scroll so that the soft sides are not crumpled.
- The cooled cakes can be greased with a very tasty, delicate sugar glaze, the recipe of which you can find on our site “I like to cook”, and decorate as you wish.
Easter cakes on sour cream are amazing. The dough is very soft, delicate, sweet and juicy - a real Easter cake! Each piece you eat brings a lot of pleasure and pride for the fact that such delicious pastries are prepared with your own hands. If you have not yet decided which recipe for Easter cake to include in your holiday Easter menu, then I advise you to cook it on sour cream. Believe me: everyone will appreciate it!
Bon appetit with “I like to cook”!