The most delicious marshmallows cooked at home! Often, when buying something in a store, we don’t even think about the fact that this product can be prepared at home. I really love a variety of marshmallows and constantly buy it: therefore, when I came across a video recipe on the Internet, I really wanted to make my favorite treat at home. Thanks to a simple recipe for marshmallows, you will get an incredible dessert that cannot be distinguished from the purchased one: it is also much more useful. There is a pronounced apple flavor in airy marshmallows, and in combination with strawberry jam, an interesting flavor mix is obtained, from which you will lick your fingers!
- sweet and sour apples - 300 grams;
- sugar - 180-250 grams (to your taste);
- strawberry jam - 160 grams;
- protein - 1 piece;
- invert syrup - 100 grams;
- agar-agar - 8 grams;
- powdered sugar - 4 tablespoons;
- corn starch - 2 tablespoons;
The most delicious marshmallow. Step by step recipe
- We take washed apples, peel and remove the middle.
- We chop apples into small pieces.
- We take a baking sheet, cover it with cooking paper and spread the apples on top.
- Sent for 5 minutes in the oven, which had previously been preheated to 180 degrees.
- Put the baked apples in a blender and mash. You should get 200 grams of applesauce.
- Put the applesauce in a small bowl and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Dissolve all this over low heat.
- Attention: we do not need to make mashed potatoes. Our task is to dissolve sugar.
- Sugar-apple puree put in a bowl and add vanilla.
- In a separate container, measure out strawberry jam with a volume of 160 grams. If there is not enough jam, then you can add water: we need to have liquid.
- Add agar-agar, mix and leave for 20 minutes. You can also add gelatin or pectin.
- Tip: thanks to pectin, marshmallows turn out to be less sweet than with the addition of agar-agar, but it is difficult to find in stores and must be ordered via the Internet.
- As soon as strawberry jam with agar-agar has been brewed, we add invert syrup to it (you can see the recipe for making invert syrup at home on our website “I Love Cooking”).
- We put on fire and cook to a temperature of 110 degrees.
- Pour applesauce into the mixer, and add one room temperature protein there. We begin to whip the applesauce when the jam syrup reaches a temperature of 80 degrees. You can check the temperature using a confectionery thermometer.
- First, beat at speeds below average.
- Mix the pace of the mixer a little more and beat until white air mass is formed
- Tip: the longer you whip the mass, the denser the marshmallow itself will turn out.
- Boil the syrup set aside. The syrup should look like jam or jam, and be viscous. The main thing is not to digest!
- When the bulbs disappear, pour a thin stream of strawberry syrup into the apple mass: without turning off the mixer.
- The speed of the mixer is increased to medium and beat for 10 minutes.
- The mass is a beautiful pinkish color, you can see grains of apples in it. If you do not want them to be, then apple jam should be rubbed with a spoon through a sieve. But it turns out for a very long time!
- We spread the marshmallows on a baking sheet covered with baking paper, and with the help of a pastry bag we make round billets.
- If you use nozzles, marshmallows will be very beautiful. Instead of a pastry bag, you can use various silicone molds or large ice molds. Then your homemade marshmallows will differ in their original form.
- Marshmallows leave insist for 1-4 hours. Since agar-agar of different companies and apples of different varieties, then everyone insists in different ways. But, in the end, the dessert should look like the marshmallow that we used to buy in the store.
- Take the icing sugar and mix it with corn starch.
- Sprinkle on top and, using a knife or shoulder blade, raise the marshmallow, dipping the lower part in powder.
- Ready apple and strawberry marshmallows are laid out on a dish.
If you will not immediately eat marshmallows, then it is best to put a treat in a box. Then it will not wind off and lie down longer. In general, such marshmallows can be stored for up to 5 days.
In the delicate apple marshmallows, cooked at home, there is no that springiness, as in the purchased, it turns out softer and more tender. Thanks to the “I love to cook” website, you will always know how to cook marshmallows at home and surprise your loved ones. Enjoy your meal!