The most delicious milk cakes - a recipe from our childhood. In almost every school they were sold in a cafeteria or a cafeteria; their taste remained with us forever. I remember how we were waiting for a big change to buy juice and flavorful shortbread! Today, baking has become completely different, it is not always possible to find a recipe that you will be satisfied with. Today I will share with you a recipe on how to cook milk cakes quickly, without much effort, with a minimum set of products. And most importantly, they will retain the very milky taste that we have known for a long time! The dough is prepared in a matter of minutes, and you don’t need to bake such shortcakes for a long time to maintain their softness, friability and delicate taste of childhood! Watch the step-by-step cooking - it's so simple that you cook them today!
- egg - 1 piece;
- flour - 450-480 grams;
- milk (any fat content) - 80 milliliters;
- sugar - 200 grams;
- vanillin - 2 pinches;
- creamy margarine (butter) - 100 grams;
- baking powder - 2 teaspoons.
The most delicious milk cakes from childhood. Step by step recipe
- Let's start with the preparation of milk-sugar syrup - this is one of the most important stages in the preparation of shortcakes. I usually use non-fat milk (1.5%), but any is allowed. Combine milk with sugar and put on a little heat. Constantly stirring, dissolve sugar: no need to boil - wait until the grains dissolve, and immediately turn off.
- Softened oil (not cold) is added to the hot mixture, melted, stirring constantly. Let this mass cool to a slightly warm state. This must be done necessarily, otherwise the flour will go out more and a completely different dough will turn out. This is one of the main secrets of cooking.
- Shake the chicken egg with a fork, add half to the cooled mass. We leave the rest for lubrication: for the ruddy top of milk cakes.
- After measuring out vanillin or vanilla sugar: one teaspoon.
- Next came the turn of flour and baking powder. Sift it all together, knead the dough. It should be elastic and not stick to your hands. More than 500 grams of flour should not be added: when cooling, the dough will become even denser.
- From the resulting coma of the dough, we roll out a layer about one centimeter thick. If less, the cakes will be drier. If you like crispy and fried crusts, roll thinner and bake longer, but this is a completely different recipe!
- Cut round crusts, about 10 centimeters in diameter. If there is a shape with ragged edges - fine, but you can do this with a regular mug or plate. We collect the rest of the dough - and again you can roll it out.
- Prepared circles - spread the cakes on parchment paper, which in turn is transferred to a baking sheet. Between them we leave a distance: so that they do not stick together during the baking process - and bake better.
- The oven should be preheated to 200 degrees. Milk shortcakes are baked quickly enough: only 12-15 minutes. They should not be rosy and toasted. Bake in the oven until a slightly creamy tint to get what we need.
Dairy, soft and crumbly homemade shortcakes are ready! Serve with hot tea! The recipe for milk cakes is very easy, not expensive and it turns out very tasty! Cook - and you will definitely like it: a recipe that has been tested for years! If you have any questions, see the step-by-step preparation below in the video. Cook with me on the Very Delicious website: we will be happy for your culinary victories! Enjoy your meal!