Lovers of homemade shortcrust pastry, I recommend preparing the most delicious shortbread cookies. The ease of preparation of this sweet treat will surprise you. Shortbread cakes are very common, in the classic version, flour, butter and sugar are necessarily included in the dough. According to our recipe, you can cook very tender cookies on starch: you can put it in the kids at school, take it with you on the go. It is very crumbly and, at the same time, having the correct rectangular shape, does not crumble into small pieces. Whip up shortbread cookies is an excellent recipe, without any special cooking costs. Cookies scatter with a bang! It will be delicious, I guarantee you.
- wheat flour - 520 grams;
- margarine - 250 grams;
- icing sugar - 200 grams (100 grams - in the dough, 100 grams - for sprinkling);
- sunflower oil - 100 milliliters;
- starch - 4 tablespoons;
- vanillin - 1 gram.
The most delicious shortbread cookie. Step by step recipe
- Let's start with the flour. Sift it through a sieve: this is how we enrich the flour with oxygen and clean it of possible (very small) debris. In this recipe we will not use any baking powder and soda, so it is advisable to sift the flour well several times: to make the dough very tender.
- In a deep bowl we put margarine at room temperature, four tablespoons without a hill of starch (potato), one hundred grams of powdered sugar - and this is whipped with a mixer until smooth.
- Continuing to beat, add refined sunflower oil, vanillin. For a tablespoon, add the sifted flour to the mixture. When the operation of the mixer becomes difficult and it becomes uncomfortable to mix in the bowl, go to the work surface. Knead the dough until smooth: until it completely lags behind your hands and surface.
- You can replace margarine with butter (in the same amount).
- For convenience, the dough can be covered with cling film and put in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes: so that it cools down. In the cold state, the dough is easier to roll out - it does not crumble so much and breaks less.
- Sprinkle a little work surface with flour, roll out the dough in the form of sausages (with a diameter of 10 centimeters). Cut into rings, not less than 1 centimeter thick. We cut each ring into strips: the thickness of each strip is about 1 centimeter. Then we cut so that we get rectangular cookies. (How it looks, you can see below - in the video under the recipe).
- If you wish, you can choose a different form for cookies. Perhaps you have special forms for such cookies: then feel free to use them. Only the dough will need, in this case, to roll into a layer with a thickness of about 1 centimeter and cut. Children help me a lot in such matters: they are very enthusiastic in squeezing out various diamonds, hearts, stars and other figures from the dough.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper. We spread all the cookies on a baking sheet, at a small distance from each other.
- Preheat the oven to 150 * C. Bake cookies about 40-50 minutes.
- Pour the remaining powdered sugar into a bowl. We need to cover each baked cookie on all sides with icing sugar. Put the finished cookies in powder on a dish.
Sweet, quick shortbread cookies on starch in the oven - done. Brew aromatic tea and invite everyone to the table. This is a very simple homemade baking recipe. Cook it for your children - they will appreciate it. There are a lot of sweet pastries on the site “I like to cook”: cook with us and enjoy your meal!