The most delicious Turkish sweet “Revani” is a visiting card of oriental pastries. A very sweet, incredibly tender cake filled with delicious syrup, which is often sprinkled with nuts, pistachios or coconut. Real sweet tooth simply must try such a bakery, which is sure to be remembered for its unsurpassed taste. A beautiful, very delicate cake with a sweet oriental aftertaste - that’s what Turkish sweets “Revani” can be called.
- whole grain flour - 1 cup;
- semolina - 1 glass;
- yogurt - 250 milliliters;
- eggs - 3 pieces;
- salt to taste;
- vegetable oil - 0.5 cups;
- white sugar - 1 cup (for dough) + 3 cups (for pouring);
- coconut shavings - for decoration;
- vanillin - to taste;
- soda - 1.5 teaspoons;
- water - 3 glasses;
- lemon juice - 3-4 tablespoons.
The most delicious Turkish sweet "Revani". Step by step recipe
- Pour three eggs into a deep container and add granulated sugar. Whip with a mixer.
- Pour yogurt and vegetable oil into the sugar-egg mixture. It is better to choose refined oil, which does not have extraneous odors and tastes.
- Pour semolina and sifted flour here. Mix everything until smooth so that there are no lumps.
- Tip. Flour must be sifted before making any baking: it is so enriched with oxygen and becomes fluffy, airy.
- We transfer vanillin or vanilla extract, soda carbonate (that is, baking powder) into our dough for Turkish sweets "Revani". The dough needs a little salt. We should get the dough with a consistency, like thick sour cream.
- Lubricate the baking tray with vegetable oil and pour the dough on it for a delicious Turkish cake.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. And we put our biscuit in Turkish for half an hour: until ready. The baked biscuit should become a beautiful orange color.
- Cooking fill for the pie. We put water on a heated stove, pour sugar and dissolve it in water. When the water boils, pour the juice from half a lemon. The syrup should boil for a couple of minutes - and you can turn off the stove. Cool the syrup to 70-80 degrees.
- We cut the baked and cooled cake preparation for the Revani pie into portioned pieces without removing it from the pan.
- Slowly and gently fill the pie with syrup, distributing it over the entire surface.
- Sprinkle turkish sweet Revani with coconut on top. Also, as a decoration, you can use chopped nuts: for example, pistachios or any other nuts you like.
We serve ready-made sweets for evening or holiday tea drinking. Relatives and guests will be delighted. Cook with us, go to the Very Delicious website and find out many interesting recipes from different cuisines of the world.