I have been preparing the most delicious verguns for many years according to my grandmother’s recipe. Verguny is a Belarusian dish: the same brushwood, but not crispy, but very soft. Homemade yogurt kefir are incredibly tender, lush - and very tasty. Butter and rosy verguny great dessert for tea or coffee. I love this recipe: baking is very simple and from ordinary products.
- 200 milliliters of kefir of any fat content;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 100 grams of sugar;
- 400 grams of wheat flour;
- 0.3 teaspoon of salt;
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder;
- 0.5 grams of vanillin.
The most delicious verguny. Step by step recipe
- Add the baking powder to the flour, and sift it together through a sieve into a deep bowl (in it we will knead the dough).
- We drive one egg into a separate deep dish.
- In another bowl, carefully mix the sugar with vanilla.
- Pour sugar into the egg, salt and pour kefir (you can use kefir of any fat content). Mix until smooth.
- Pour flour into a bowl with egg mixture and knead the dough.
- We shift the dough onto a table sprinkled with flour (we also interfere with the flour if necessary in the dough, but not very much). The finished dough should turn out soft and stick slightly to your hands.
- We form a ball from the dough for the verguns, put it in a bag, leave it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After half an hour we take out the dough from the refrigerator, sprinkle with flour, roll out into a rectangular or square layer one centimeter thick.
- We cut the layer into strips three centimeters wide and 6 centimeters long.
- In the middle of the strip we make an incision, we pass the dough through it (you can look in more detail at the video under the recipe).
- In a stewpan or pan with a thick bottom, pour more vegetable oil (the verguns should swim in it) and heat it well.
- We fry homemade scavengers for about one minute on each side, until light brown.
- We spread homemade cakes on a paper towel or napkin to leave excess fat.
Lush, delicate and very soft pickets are served with jam or jam. They are perfect for sweet tea and instantly fly off the table. Homemade verguns are an excellent pastry for morning coffee or evening tea drinking. Stay with me on the site “Delicious” - you will find many more varied recipes for delicious dishes.