Unmatched pies with cottage cheese were often prepared by my grandmother. Today I prepare such delicious pastries for my family and friends. These pies simply melt in your mouth, they are fragrant with a vanilla aroma, very tender, soft and airy, with a sweet curd filling. A wonderful dessert dish that will surely appeal to your household. What can I say ... I need to try! Let's start cooking right now. And be sure to cook more so that is enough for everyone. Relatives will also ask for supplements!
- milk or whey - 500 milliliters;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- granulated sugar - 100 grams (for dough) + 4 tablespoons (for filling);
- vanillin or vanilla essence - to taste;
- dry yeast - 12 grams;
- eggs - 2 pieces (for dough) + 1 piece (for lubrication) + 2 pieces (for filling);
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon;
- butter - 80 grams;
- whole grain flour - 900-950 grams;
- sour milk cheese - 800 grams.
Unsurpassed cakes with cottage cheese. Step by step recipe
- Milk, about one glass, heat to 35 degrees and add dry yeast, a couple of tablespoons of sugar and two tablespoons of flour. Mix everything and leave to activate the yeast.
- Tip. To knead the dough, milk can be replaced with whey, kefir or sour milk.
- When characteristic vesicles formed on the surface of the yeast: it means that the yeast came up and you can add the rest with granulated sugar, vanilla and eggs. Salt a little and mix everything with a whisk.
- Pour the remaining milk. It is important that all products used for kneading dough are warm.
- Add vegetable oil and knead again.
- Sift flour through a sieve. Thus, we enrich the flour with oxygen, and from this the baking will become even more magnificent and airy. Gradually introduce whole-wheat flour into the liquid components of the dough for homemade pies and knead well.
- Melt the butter in the microwave, cool so that it is not hot and pour into the dough. All knead to a state of soft structure.
- Tip. If the dough sticks to your palms, you need to add a little flour or grease your hands with any fat: for example, vegetable oil.
- Round the kneaded dough, put it in a deep bowl and cover with a towel. Leave in a warm place until the dough rises.
- Cooking cottage cheese filling for pies. To do this, sour-milk cheese must be grated or mashed to a homogeneous consistency. Sweeten with sugar, sprinkle with vanilla, add a pinch of salt and eggs. Mix well. If desired, you can add washed raisins or dried apricots.
- Tip. For the filling, it is better to use high fat cottage cheese. If it is liquid, it must first be drained so that excess moisture comes out.
- When the dough has risen and grown well, we divide it with hands dipped in oil into twenty portions.
- We round and roll each dough ball. Put the filling in the center of each circle. On both sides we make cuts and weave the edges, making open pies with filling.
- Put the pies on the greased baking sheet, let them stand about twenty minutes apart.
- Beat one egg with a fork or whisk, grease the surface of each pie.
- We put the pan in the oven preheated to 180 degrees Celsius and bake for about 50 minutes.
For the same pies, you can use unsweetened curd filling, but then for the test you need to use less sugar.
- For the filling, sour milk cheese should also be drained, as in the previous recipe, salt well, season with black hot pepper. A bunch of green onions and young dill is well washed and dried, finely chopped and added to the filling. Beat two eggs and mix well all the components of the filling.
- You can also cook rice-curd filling. To do this, rinse a glass of round-grain rice well and cook until tender. Hard boil three eggs, peel and cut into small cubes. Transfer chopped eggs, boiled rice into a bowl and finely chop a bunch of green onions. Add two hundred grams of cottage cheese here. All salt to taste and mix. The finished filling is wrapped in dough in the form of pies or pies.
Oven-baked pasties are delicious with tea or milk. Visit our website “I love to cook”: and learn the secrets of making yeast dough and a variety of toppings for pies.