My inspiration is this beautiful, unusual Easter cake. He is amazing! And it tastes very interesting: puff pastry and jam filling with nuts. It turns out like a real Easter cake. The recipe is absolutely not complicated, and it does not take long: in comparison with classic Easter cakes. For a variety of Easter menus, prepare also such an option for an unusual, very beautiful festive baking. I am sure that everyone will appreciate it, and you will show your creativity. I will sign a detailed recipe on how to bake an Easter cake on “I like to cook,” but if you have any questions, I will be glad to help.
- baked milk (to replace regular) - 250 milliliters;
- flour - 270-280 grams;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon (22-25 grams);
- dry yeast - 8 grams.
- flour - 470 grams;
- sugar - 70 grams;
- egg - 1 piece;
- butter - 100 grams;
- vanillin - on the tip of a knife.
- apricot jam - 200 grams;
- lemon - 1 piece;
- walnuts - 200 grams;
- butter for lubrication - 1 tablespoon.
- water - 90 grams;
- citric acid - ⅓ teaspoon (maybe a little less);
- squirrels - 3 pieces;
- vanilla sugar - 10 grams;
- sugar - 270 grams.
Unusual beautiful Easter cake. Step by step recipe
- We prepare the dough for Easter cake: in heated milk up to 40 degrees (a little warmer than a palm), pour in dry yeast, sugar, sifted flour, mix and leave in a warm place for 20-30 minutes. If you still have small lumps of flour - do not worry, they will disperse during the proofing.
- To prepare the dough: beat the egg in a bowl, add sugar and rub with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour in warm (not hot) melted butter, mix. Shake the dough slightly with a spoon and combine with the total mass, add vanillin. Mix well.
- Add the sifted flour in small parts (according to the recipe for the test). Stir with a spoon first, and when the dough becomes tight enough, then slightly knead in a bowl with your hands so that the total mass is collected in one lump.
- After a clean, dry work surface, grease with vegetable oil, put the dough on it and knead until a uniform, elastic state. The dough should not stick to your hands.
- We leave it on the working board, covering the dough with a bowl (or you can put it in a clean, dry dish), after having greased it with vegetable oil. Put the dough in heat for 2 hours. During this time, it is necessary to knead 2 times. Approximately, focus on every 40 minutes.
- We knock the dough up again and divide it into 10 identical parts. We form balls from them, after each we roll out into a thin layer, about 0.5 centimeter thick. When rolling out, try to give your cake a beautiful rounded appearance. Try on the dimensions of your baking dish every time. I used a detachable mold with a diameter of 20 centimeters.
- Lightly fried walnuts (in a dry pan) chopped with a knife: large enough slices.
- With a medium-sized lemon, grate the zest on a fine grater. Gently: do not touch the white part of the skin - it is unpleasantly bitter.
- If your apricot jam has sufficiently large pieces of fruit, it is better to beat it lightly with a blender. Also, apricot jam can be replaced with lemon, dried fruit or candied fruit.
- Next, according to the recipe, add the zest of lemon to the jam, mix.
- We bake the baking dish with parchment paper: bottom and sides.
- We spread the first layer in the form, sprinkle with nuts, then, the second layer of dough, coat with jam or dried fruits. Thus, we alternate all the ingredients. The last (top) layer of the cake is greased with melted butter.
- We put the form in a warm place for 30 minutes: during this time, the puff cake will rise slightly.
- We bake Easter cake in a preheated oven to 160-170 degrees, about 40-50 minutes. Check readiness by piercing with a wooden skewer: if the dough does not stick, then the baking is ready.
- Cool Easter cake to a warm state, after we get it out of shape.
- We prepare a delicious, unusual protein custard: pour water into a saucepan with sugar and put on a stove - heat up. Please note: we do not interfere with this syrup! You can only rotate the stewpan in a circle so that everything warms up as evenly as possible.
- As soon as the syrup boils, add citric acid to it. And boil over low heat for about 5 more minutes. The readiness of the syrup can be checked as follows - drip a small drop of syrup into cold water: if it does not dissolve, but will float in a lump, then you can remove it from the stove.
- While the syrup is being cooked on the stove, quickly whisk the squirrel with a mixer into the lush foam, adding vanilla sugar.
- We begin to pour the ready boiling syrup into a squirrel in a thin stream, without ceasing to whisk. Operate the mixer for another 3-4 minutes. You will notice how the protein mass immediately becomes dense, uniform, shiny - the cream is ready!
- If desired, add yellow or other food coloring to the cream, mix well - it will give an unusual, interesting color.
- Grease the cooled puff Easter cake with custard protein cream and decorate as you wish.
Look how delicious, beautiful it turned out - this is really the most unusual Easter cake. Soft, tasty layers of dough with a juicy, aromatic filling - this is something! And what a tender glaze! This is all thanks to the custard method of preparing protein cream. The recipe is not much more complicated than regular whipped sugar whites, but the difference in taste is enormous. Use it not only for Easter baking, but for pies, cakes, pastries and so on. Cook with us an unusual, beautiful, most delicious holiday food for “I like to cook” - we only have proven, step-by-step recipes.