I tried a lot of options for cottage cheese pies with poppy seeds “Zebra”, but it won me over immediately. Such an amazing combination of tastes that it’s difficult to convey. You must definitely try it!
- oil - 100 grams;
- eggs - 3 pieces;
- flour - 1 cup;
- sugar - 1 cup;
- cottage cheese - 500 grams;
- poppy - 100 grams;
- starch - 2 tablespoons;
- baking powder - 1 teaspoon;
- salt is a pinch.
Unusual cottage cheese pie with poppy seeds “Zebra”. Step by step recipe
- Preparing the base: grind eggs with sugar 50 grams, add flour mixed with baking powder, and add melted butter. All is well kneaded to a uniform, soft, elastic consistency.
- Cover the dough with cling film and leave in the refrigerator for 20-25 minutes.
- After we take the baking dish, distribute the dough evenly, make the sides approximately 3-4 cm high. Again send in the refrigerator to freeze the form.
- It is recommended to pour well-washed poppy seeds with boiling water, but I additionally boil for about 5 minutes and leave to swell for 20-25 minutes.
- Rub the cottage cheese on a sieve so that there are no lumps, add sugar (150 grams), starch, salt and eggs and knead well. If the consistency of the curd turned out to be thick, then add a little sour cream so that the mass drains from the spoon.
- Cottage cheese is divided into 2 parts in the proportion of ⅔ and ⅓.
- In ⅓ part add poppy seeds and knead well.
- We take out the base for the pie from the refrigerator and put the filling in the center one tablespoon in the center, alternating between each other: ordinary cottage cheese, with poppy seeds, ordinary again, etc.
- For a more effective pattern, draw a wooden skewer from the edges of the pie to the center - you will form a kind of flower.
- We send to bake for an hour at a temperature of 180-200 degrees. I still place a bowl of water on the lower tier so that the pie does not burn from below.
The zebra curd cake is ready. It turned out to be very tender, poppy gives its taste and aroma. And the dessert looks unusually presentable, not inferior to cakes. And the benefits in it are much greater. Even children who do not like cottage cheese will like such a pie - I guarantee you that. Be with us on “Very Vous”, we still have a lot of tasty and healthy. Enjoy your meal! We also recommend that you try curd balls with chocolate and curd cake without baking in 30 minutes.