From childhood, I remember how my mother cooked her signature crispy scrubs and sprinkled them with powdered sugar. The taste is fabulous! Just recently I came across my mother’s recipe notebook, where these delicious home-made donuts were painted. Therefore, today at “Very tasty” I’m sharing my mother’s recipe - yogurt kefir.
- kefir (yogurt) - 1 glass;
- flour - 450-550 grams;
- granulated sugar - 3-4 tablespoons;
- salt - on the tip of a knife ;;
- soda - 0.5 teaspoon;
- egg - 1 piece;
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons;
- vanillin - at will;
- icing sugar - 2 tablespoons;
- refined sunflower oil for frying.
Verguny on kefir. Step by step recipe
- Add kefir to soda, salt, sugar, vanillin, mix well. If the reaction of soda with lactic acid will be sluggish, then add another half teaspoon of vinegar.
- Add the sifted flour for about 1 cup, mix well, beat the egg and pour in the sunflower oil.
- After small parts add flour and knead well. It should make a soft, elastic dough.
- Cover with a film and leave at room temperature for half an hour.
- For convenience, divide the dough into several parts, roll, giving a rectangular shape, a thickness of about 1 centimeter.
- Cut the dough into rhombuses, in the middle of each make an incision. We take one edge of the rhombus and twist it through the incision in the other direction.
- We heat the pan with a large amount of sunflower oil, when it warms up well, then we spread the scallops. Fry on both sides until golden brown.
- After frying, the verguns are transferred first to a towel (paper or woven) to stack excess fat.
- We spread it on a plate and using a sieve, crush with powdered sugar.
So easily and simply we have turned out home-made scribblers. Look how delicious they look in the photo, but in reality they turn out even tastier! They can be cooked not only on kefir, but also on sour cream, then they will turn out to be more crumbly and will also be tasty. "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try making donuts on condensed milk and pay attention to the recipe for fluffy pickers.