Amazing and very tasty cookies "Snowdrifts" I managed to try recently. I was surprised by a pleasant crunch of filling: it turns out that inside was meringue. Such an unusual combination of unsweetened dough and snow-white filling, I was simply captivated. A very original form of cookies sprinkled with icing sugar on top resembles snowdrifts in winter. I recommend you cook it for yourself and your loved ones: you will be able to please everyone.
- wheat flour - 200 grams;
- chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- butter - 100 grams;
- sour cream - 70 grams;
- sugar sand - 120 grams;
- icing sugar - 50 grams;
- salt is a pinch.
Very tasty cookies "Snowdrifts". Step by step recipe
- It is necessary to separate the yolks from the proteins. Squirrels send to the refrigerator: we will need them a little later.
- In a deep bowl, combine the butter at room temperature, sour cream and yolks. Stir everything well.
- Add the sifted flour in small portions. Knead it thoroughly until it stops sticking to your hands. Carefully put it in a bowl greased with vegetable oil, cover with cling film and give it a little time to rest in a cold place for about an hour.
- While the dough is cooling, we will deal with proteins. The whipped whites in our cookies will be in the form of a filling. Therefore, we pour the proteins into a convenient container for whipping. Add a pinch of salt and begin to whisk. We introduce sugar in a little bit, without stopping whipping while: about 10 minutes to stable peaks. The consistency of the mass should be the same as for meringues or meringues.
- We take out the dough from the refrigerator and divide it into 10-12 parts. Leave two things on the board immediately for work, send the rest to the refrigerator. The most important thing is that the dough is cold when working with it.
- Using a rolling pin, we roll out the dough into a flat cake: thin enough. Conventionally, the cake is divided into four sectors. And in one of them we spread an incomplete tablespoon of whipped protein. It’s not worth putting a lot, because the protein can then break the cookie itself when baking. Then we fold first twice, then four times. Using an ordinary fork, pinch the edges. We shift onto a baking sheet covered with parchment. In the same way, we make the rest of the cookies.
- The oven must be preheated to 150 * C. We bake our cookies for about half an hour: until a beautiful golden crust.
- We take out the finished cookies from the oven, completely cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Here you have a very tasty cookie “Snowdrifts”. As you can see, the dish is quite simple, and the cookie itself is very original. It is a bit like a puff: it crumbles and crumbles upon breaking. The sweet and airy filling inside gives it a gentle and light taste. “Very tasty” wishes you a sweet tea party and bon appetit!