In late spring and early summer I often bake a wonderful strawberry cake “Casket”. Very tender, incredibly aromatic, mouth-watering cake with fresh strawberries and sour cream. A soft, very airy biscuit is a great base for cakes. Cake "Casket" can be prepared with any seasonal berries. A biscuit dough can be shaded with cocoa or cinnamon.
For the test:
- whole grain flour - 100 grams;
- potato starch - 100 grams;
- granulated sugar - 200 grams;
- eggs - 6 pieces;
- baking powder - 1 teaspoon;
- vanillin - to taste.
- sour cream - 1 liter;
- icing sugar - 200 grams;
- thickener for cream - 24 grams;
- fresh strawberries - 500 grams.
Wonderful strawberry cake "Casket". Step by step recipe
- Cooking sponge cake cakes. To do this, separate the proteins from the yolks. How to quickly do this with a plastic bottle, see our site “Very tasty”.
- Beat the whites with a mixer until a thick, white foam is formed.
- Tip. In order for the proteins to quickly whip into a thick foam, they need to be pre-cooled and a little salt can be added.
- Gradually pour granulated sugar into the proteins and continue whisking until a gloss appears on the air mass.
- Enter the yolks one at a time, continuing to whisk.
- Combine flour, potato starch and baking powder, all sifted through a sieve. This process will help to enrich our bulk ingredients for strawberry cake “Casket” of biscuit cakes with oxygen and make them more fluffy and airy.
- Add vanillin on the tip of the knife and gently mix the dough with a spoon until a homogeneous mass forms.
- Tip. For taste, cinnamon, cardamom or cocoa powder can be added to such a biscuit. Chocolate biscuit is especially good if you make a cake with cherries.
- The bottom of a detachable shape, with a diameter of 22-24 centimeters, needs to be lined with parchment, and pour the dough for a strawberry biscuit cake into it.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees Celsius until cooked: about twenty minutes.
- Tip. The first fifteen minutes, the oven does not need to be opened, because at this time the cake grows and sets, and if you open the door, it may fall. The readiness of the biscuit is checked with a wooden torch. If during sticking the stick remains dry and clean, then the biscuit is ready.
- We take out the finished cake for the “Casket” cake from the mold and completely cool.
- Cut the top of our cake. We take out the pulp with a spoon or hands, leaving the sides and bottom up to one centimeter thick.
- Preparing the cream: for it, you need to beat sour cream of medium fat with a mixer with powdered sugar. At the end of whipping, add a thickener to sour cream: then the cream will become a dense consistency.
- Peeled and well-washed strawberries are cut into plates in length.
- We collect our cake with strawberries and biscuit "Casket". First, we smear the foundation and sides of our “Casket” well with cream, then we lay out a layer of chopped strawberries, cover it again with a layer of cream and lay out the crumbs of biscuit pulp that was previously removed from the cake.
- We repeat a similar sequence of interlacing and filling until the filling is completed.
- We put our “cap” on top of the cake. Lubricate the top and sides of the cake with sour cream.
- Garnish with strawberries and sprigs of mint.
- We send such a wonderful strawberry cake "Casket" in the cold, for two hours. During this time, it is well saturated and infused.
A wonderful, very fragrant strawberry cake with spring berries will be a wonderful decoration for any festive table. Visit our site “Delicious” and prepare delicious, light meals with us.