Such quince blank especially for children. Parents can offer this treat to their babies in unlimited quantities. Even adults will not give up a couple of pieces of quince marmalade to tea. Cook quince marmalade prescription with photo not difficult, it’s more difficult not to eat it ahead of time. The most painful process is drying, when you have to wait for the very moment when you can finally eat it. Marmalade is dried from 2 days to 2 weeks, depending on the desired result. And if you have a special dryer, this process can be accelerated. Ready quince marmalade can be rolled in sugar or coconut. And in order to make the marmalade taste more original, you can add cloves, cinnamon, lemon juice, nuts, etc. to it during cooking. Our simple homemade quince marmalade recipe help you make this amazing dessert!
Ingredients for making quince marmalade
|Quince peeled||3 kg|
Step-by-step cooking with quince marmalade photo
- Wash the quinces thoroughly.
- Cut into slices, remove the core, cut the peel, but do not discard.
- Fill the quince peel and core (if it is not worm) with water and cook it for 15 minutes. Strain the water, quince will be boiled in it. In the peel and core there is pectin, thanks to which the marmalade will harden well.
- In a pan with a thick bottom or casseroles, put quince, pour broth, add water if necessary. Also add juice from one lemon and grated zest. After boiling, cook quince for about 20 minutes. It should be soft.
- Using a submersible blender, grind quince in mashed potatoes.
- Add sugar and cinnamon. The amount of sugar should be equal to quince puree.
- Cook the future marmalade from quince for 1.5 - 2 hours with the lid open. Make sure that the marmalade does not burn, you need to stir it all the time with a wooden spatula.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper and pour quince marmalade on it. Spread it evenly over the surface.
- Leave quince marmalade to dry for 2-7 days, not forgetting to turn it over once a day. To do this, cover the marmalade with a sheet of parchment and turn over, remove the bottom sheet.
- After drying, cut the marmalade into pieces with a damp knife. You can leave pieces to dry, or you can roll them in sugar or coconut. Marmalade is stored for up to 6 months.
Quince marmalade is served with tea or coffee. This healthy and tasty treat will replace any candy from the store. Enjoy your meal!