Shortbread Chocolate Chip Cookies eaten in an instant, and not because it turns out a little, but because it is incredibly tasty! Light, airy, crumbly dough just melts in your mouth, and the icing gives the liver not only a festive look, but also a chocolate aftertaste. With this dessert you can treat yourself to a cup of tea or coffee with your family, as well as offer guests. It is very convenient to work with shortcrust pastry, baking can be given absolutely any shape, especially if you have special figures for cookies. Children would like animal figures or stars, and adults would also like regular cookies in the form of circles that can be made into a glass. The home recipe shows step by step preparation of shortbread cookies with chocolate icing with a photo, so cook and enjoy.
Chocolate glazed shortbread ingredients
|For the test|
|Sour cream||80 g|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Cocoa powder||2 tbsp. l|
|Milk||4 tbsp. l|
|Sugar||5 tbsp. l without slide|
Step by Step Cooking Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
- Butter (margarine) should be at room temperature. Mash the softened butter and sugar with a fork or mixer.
- Add two eggs to the butter and beat again.
- Add sour cream of any fat content to the egg-oil mixture and mix or whisk.
- Combine the sifted flour with baking powder, vanilla and salt in a separate bowl.
- Start adding flour gradually to the liquid ingredients and knead the dough.
- If 300 g flour is not enough, add a little more. As a result, you should get a soft, airy dough that does not stick to your hands.
- Wrap it in cling film and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. You can also send the dough into the refrigerator, but for a long period of time - from 2 to 8 hours.
- After cooling, cut a piece of dough, roll out a layer of 0.5 cm thick and cut out cookies with cookie cutters. So do with the whole test.
- Put the cookies on a greased baking sheet or cover it with parchment.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and only then put the cookies to bake. It bakes quickly, 8-10 minutes.
- To make the icing, combine cocoa with sugar directly in a saucepan, and then add cold milk.
- Put the icing on a very slow fire and, stirring all the time, bring it to a boil.
- Add a slice of butter, mix until it is completely dissolved. Turn off the heat and cool the icing a little.
- Dip the top of the cookies in the icing and set on a wire rack to dry.
- When the icing has cooled, cookies can be served to the table.
Shortbread cookies served with hot tea, coffee or cocoa. If you like the nutty flavor, sprinkle the cookies until the icing is frozen with crushed nuts. Enjoy your meal!