I decided to prepare myself for Easter in advance - I chose the 3 most interesting ways of how to paint eggs in the original way at home. I was delighted: it is simple and without any special expenses that you can turn an ordinary egg into a beautiful handmade craft. As a result, you have not only original krashenka for Easter, but also a lot of positive emotions from the fact that you made them yourself. And yet - this is an opportunity to interestingly entertain our children or have a warm family evening coloring. Therefore, at “I love to cook,” I decided to share my knowledge and talk about how to color eggs for Easter.
Method number 1
This is one of the easiest ways I've come across. But, in the end, Easter eggs are unusually beautiful, unique: although they may be slightly similar.
- food colors of various colors.
We paint eggs with napkins. Step by step recipe
- Dilute food colors in accordance with the instructions on the package. I mainly use 5-6 colors, and you can choose as you wish. Paint containers - cups are great, but I mostly use plastic cups so I don’t wash my dishes from bright colors.
- Boil the eggs for 7-10 minutes, add cold water for a couple of minutes and you can start painting. We use them still warm, so that the colors are better fixed on the shell.
- Wrap them in 2-3 layers of a napkin so that it does not break through during staining.
- Scoop dyes in a random order with a spoon (tea or dining room) and pour onto the egg so that each time a new color is applied to the unpainted piece of the napkin.
- When all places of the napkin are painted, press it directly with your hands on the shell. We put it on a dish and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- After that we remove the napkin, and we get delicious, varied and very beautiful paints.
- Leave them until completely dry: at least 2 hours.
Method number 2
This method is used to decorate gift options for eggs, they are not eaten - this is a beautiful DIY craft. You can decorate such eggs in a room, congratulate your relatives and friends - and so on. I can’t miss this method of painting because the egg itself is just gorgeous. You know, it can be considered for a long time, conducting associations - this is how to look into the starry sky.
- a container of water;
- toothpick or skewers;
- nail polish in different colors;
- raw eggs.
Marble color eggs with nail polish at home. Step by step recipe
- Since these eggs are not for eating, therefore, for work, we only need a shell. With the nose of a knife or a needle, we make small holes on both sides of the shell (with a diameter of 2-3 mm). Using a juice tube, blow out the protein and yolk from the middle.
- The shell is well washed and dried.
- Pour water into a small container (sudok) (I use sudok about 10x7 centimeters in size), pour a few drops of different bright varnishes on top of it (I use mainly 4-5 colors, and you focus on yourself). You have a thin film. Stir it lightly with a toothpick or skewer.
Another tip: when you pour varnishes, make circular movements with your hand so that one blooms not at one point.
- Immerse the shell in water so that it is completely covered with a varnish film. We take out and dry. To apply faster, I use a hairdryer.
Marble Easter Eggs Ready! They turned out simply amazing, exclusive: such that they are already breathtaking! Before painting a new egg, carefully collect the remains of the previous varnish in water and fill in a new portion of flowers.
Method number 3
This method can be used both for eggs that will be served on the table, and for handicrafts. The difference is that if you do not plan to eat them, then you can take ordinary PVA glue to fix the pictures, and decorate the shell. And for edible eggs, we use protein-based glue.
- napkins with drawings;
- crude protein;
- food coloring - optional;
- scissors, brush, toothpicks.
Decoupage Easter eggs at home. Step by step recipe
- Hard boiled eggs.
- For food glue: pass the protein through a sieve or shake slightly, but only so that foam bubbles do not form on its surface: because when dried, the work will not look neat.
- In napkins, we separate the top layer (if you use multilayer ones) and carefully cut out the pictures. Please note: the larger the cut out picture, the more difficult it is to glue it beautifully.
- Lubricate the surface of the shell with protein, attach the cut out picture and smooth it with your hands or a brush. Then dip the brush in protein and walk on top of the sticker. Apply “glue” from the center of the picture to its edges, trying to expel all the air from under the napkin.
- After that, proceed to sticking a new fragment, trying not to hurt the previous one. When everything is applied, smear with protein the entire surface of the shell and put it to dry. On a grate of toothpicks.
- After 30 minutes, I re-coat the “glue” of protein and again dry on the toothpicks.
Original Easter eggs in decoupage style are ready! They turned out to be irresistible! Optionally, you can additionally colorize with food colors, diluted in water - according to the instructions.
I advise you: wear gloves when you paint and decorate. Firstly, you will avoid dirty hands, and secondly, circles from fingerprints may remain on the shell - it does not look neat.
Let's get some pre-holiday positive together with “I love to cook” and make beautiful eggs for Easter on our own in cozy home conditions. I am sure that you will succeed!