Today I want to offer you a recipe for just an amazing Austrian goulash. He appeared in Hungary, but very quickly became popular all over the world, because cooking goulash is very simple, and the taste is excellent. We will prepare it the way it is done in Austria. Let's get started!
- onions - 900 grams;
- ghee - 3 tablespoons;
- beef pulp - 1200 grams;
- ground paprika - 3 tablespoons;
- hot red pepper - 1/2 teaspoon;
- vinegar 5% - 1.5 tablespoons;
- meat broth - 1 liter;
- salt - 2 teaspoons;
- ground black pepper - 1 teaspoon;
- ground caraway seeds - 0.5 teaspoon;
- marjoram - 1 teaspoon;
- tomato paste - 50 grams;
- garlic - 2 cloves.
Amazing Austrian goulash. Step cooking
- Take the onion. We clean, wash and cut into cubes. In order to avoid watery eyes while working with the onion, you need to leave a dry tail. Or, before starting cooking, put the onions in the refrigerator.
- Take a cauldron or pan with a thick bottom. We put the oil, pour the onion and, stirring occasionally, fry until golden brown.
- Now prepare the meat. We need beef. It is important to take the right meat, because the taste of the finished dish will depend on it. First of all, pay attention to color. Fresh beef is deep red and the fat should be pale white. The meat must smell good, not have any odors. If all the points are met, good meat is bought - half the job in preparing the masterpiece is done!
- Beef needs to be washed and dried with a paper towel. Cut into even cubes with a side of about 3 cm. Use a sharp knife to get it carefully.
- Add paprika and hot pepper to the onion. Pour vinegar and some broth.
- Mix well and add meat. Stir again.
- Now you need to add salt and black pepper, add one fourth of a teaspoon of caraway seeds, half a teaspoon of marjoram, add a little more broth and mix well.
- We will stew meat for two hours, adding broth every 15 minutes. After one and a half to two hours, when the meat becomes soft, pour in the remaining broth, add tomato paste and chopped garlic. You can rub the garlic on a fine grater, chop it with a knife, or use a garlic squeezer.
- Stir and let the goulash languish for 10 minutes.
- Now add another half teaspoon of marjoram, another quarter teaspoon of caraway seeds and half a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Here is our amazing Austrian goulash and ready.
- Serve it either in portioned dishes or in one large dish.
- The garnish can be offered pickles and bread cakes.
Goulash is incredibly tasty, rich and spicy, due to the amount of spices used. Treat your family, cook with pleasure and share the recipe for step-by-step cooking of Austrian goulash with friends. And be sure to check out “Very Delicious.” We have many more cool recipes! Enjoy your meal!
Photos and videos belong to Grandma Emma