Adobo is one of the most common dishes of Filipino cuisine (like our borsch), known throughout the world. Awesome chicken adobo is popular because of its taste, and also because it is easily prepared from the products available to everyone. Chicken meat according to this recipe is incredibly soft and juicy, and the original, very fragrant sauce goes well with any side dish. Traditionally, chicken and garlic adobo is served with fresh rice.
- one large chicken carcass (weighing approximately 2 kilograms);
- 350 milliliters of rice 5-7% vinegar;
- 250 milliliters of coconut milk;
- 60 milliliters of soy sauce;
- 12 cloves of garlic;
- 3 bay leaves;
- 2 hot peppers;
- 1.5 teaspoons ground black pepper.
Awesome chicken adobo. Step by step recipe
- Cooking marinade for adobo. Peel the garlic cloves, press lightly (this is convenient to do with the flat side of the knife), put in a deep bowl.
- Hot peppers (adjust the amount to your taste), cut and send to garlic.
- In the same dishes we put bay leaf, black ground pepper (according to the recipe). Pour in soy sauce and rice vinegar, coconut milk. Mix the contents of the bowl well and the chicken marinade is ready.
- We divide the chicken carcass into 8 parts (in such slices as you like best), put it in the marinade. Pickle the chicken for two hours (minimum).
- We transfer the pickled pieces of chicken into a stewpan, pour the marinade.
- We put the stewpan with the contents on the stove and bring to a boil.
- We reduce the heating to a minimum, after boiling, cook for 30 minutes
- After half an hour, we shift the pieces of chicken into a form or a deep baking sheet (without marinade).
- We send the baking sheet with chicken to the oven, heated to 220 degrees, for 10 minutes.
- Filter the remaining marinade from the chicken, return it to the saucepan and boil over high heat until the cream consistency.
We take the baked chicken adobo out of the oven, put it on a large round dish or tray, in the center of which we place a side dish of rice. Sprinkle everything with marinade sauce, sprinkle with herbs: parsley, onion or dill. Filipino adobo can also be made from pork, beef, lamb or seafood: and each time you get a new taste of the dish. Recipes of unusual dishes from fairly ordinary products are waiting for you on the site "Very tasty."