When my family goes on a picnic, we often cook funky mackerel on the grill. This dish can also be cooked in electric grill: it turns out to be very aromatic, soaked in spices, tasty, juicy fish with a fried, golden crust - a wonderful lunch or a wonderful dinner. Mackerel prepared according to this recipe turns out to be very tasty, juicy and aromatic, in addition, in such a marinade you can bake mackerel in the oven.
- vegetable oil - 10 milliliters;
- mackerel - 2 pieces;
- lemon (zest) - 1.5 tablespoons;
- salt to taste;
- onion - 1 piece (medium size);
- granulated sugar - 0.5 teaspoons;
- parsley - 4 branches;
- thyme - 4 branches + 1 teaspoon (dried);
- rosemary - 2 branches;
- granulated dried garlic - 1 teaspoon;
- dried dill - 1 teaspoon;
- dried sweet paprika - 1 teaspoon;
- black pepper (ground) - a pinch;
- white pepper (ground) - a pinch.
Funky mackerel on the grill. Step by step recipe
- Remove the zest from the washed lemon. How to remove the zest from citrus, see our site “Very tasty”.
- Pour dry spices to it: black and white pepper, sweet red paprika, dried dill leaves, thyme and granulated garlic. Salt and sweeten a little.
- Pour the aromatic mixture with vegetable oil and stir.
- Peel the onion and cut into rings.
- We gutted the fish, cut its abdomen, carefully wipe it.
- Tip. For the preparation of grilled mackerel, you can use frozen fish, but it is better to choose dry freeze.
- Lubricate the carcasses of mackerel fish, inside and out, with our spicy dressing.
- In the middle of each fish you need to put onion circles, a few fresh sprigs of parsley, thyme and rosemary.
- Wrap the dish with fish in plastic wrap and put in the cold for pickling, for about eight hours or overnight.
- When the mackerel is well marinated, lay it out to bake on the grill. It can also be used to prepare electric grills.
- Tip. Before cooking, grill need to be greased with fat.
- Bake the fish for about ten minutes, until fully cooked.
Serve on the table such a wonderful, grilled fish with vegetable topping, fresh herbs and a slice of lemon. Also, mackerel is very tasty in marinated form.
- To do this, you need to gut the fish well, wash it, cut off its head and fill it with brine.
- For brine, you need to dilute one and a half or two tablespoons of salt in a glass of water, add a few bay leaves, allspice, black pepper in the form of peas, a couple of rosettes of spicy cloves.
- For a beautiful golden color, onion husk can be added to the brine. In order for the mackerel to be spicy salting, you need to add a teaspoon of coriander seeds. In this wonderful brine, place the fish and send it to a cold place for several days.
- Before serving, salted mackerel should be cut into portioned slices, sprinkled with lemon juice, and sprinkled with sunflower oil. Put onion rings on top and sprinkle with chopped herbs.
Visit our site “Delicious”, cook with us: after all, we have many ways to prepare dishes of fish and seafood, meat and vegetables.