Beef stroganoff is a very tasty dish that came to us at the end of the 19th century from Russian cuisine and is still in great demand. Soft juicy slices of beef, which is wrapped in a tender sour cream sauce, slightly seasoned with spices - a wonderful dish. You can serve meat in a Stroganov style with different side dishes: boiled vegetables, rice or any other porridge. I suggest cooking beef stroganoff with Pail potatoes.
For beef stroganoff:
- beef pulp - 350 grams;
- sour cream - 200 milliliters;
- tomatoes in their own juice - 200 grams;
- onions - 1 piece;
- salt to taste;
- vegetable oil - for frying;
- flour - 1-2 tablespoons;
- ground black pepper to taste.
For potato pail:
- potatoes - 4 tubers;
- vegetable oil - 100 -150 milliliters (for frying);
- salt - a pinch;
- greens to taste.
Beef stroganoff. Step by step recipe
- First cook beef stroganoff. To do this, we cut the meat across the fibers with 5 mm thick plates.
- Then cut into strips 2-4 centimeters long. Thin long strips of meat are obtained.
- Season the beef meat with salt and black pepper, sprinkle with flour and mix everything.
- Tip. Instead of wheat, you can use cornmeal to roast meat. It has a slightly different structure: and the meat will turn out to be more crispy. Cornmeal is especially good for chopping.
- Tip. Also, for the preparation of this wonderful meat dish, you can use other types of meat: for example, veal or pork.
- Cut the peeled onions in half rings.
- Fry in oil at high temperature, until transparent. You can add some pork fat.
- Add the meat slices to the onion and also well fry from all sides until golden brown.
- Fried until half-cooked meat for beef stroganoff lay out in a saucepan.
- Separate the canned tomatoes through a sieve.
- Tip. If you do not have canned tomatoes, you can use tomato paste, only it needs to be slightly diluted with water.
- Pour the tomato puree, which is formed, pour into the pan and simmer for several minutes, then add sour cream there. And keep it on fire a little longer, then pour the sour cream - tomato sauce into the meat stewpan.
- Stew the beef with the sauce over low heat until cooked: from 20 minutes to an hour. From time to time, stir our meat dish. During cooking, beef stroganoff will change color and become a beautiful light brown color.
- Tip. Also, at the end of cooking, you can add bay leaf and a sprig of rosemary: they will give the dish a pleasant aftertaste
- We are preparing a side dish for Stroganov’s meat - potato payl. Washed and peeled potato tubers, you need to grate on a special grater: for cooking carrots in Korean.
- Tip. Potatoes for roasting are better to take those varieties that do not boil. If you chop the chopped or grated potatoes in cold water, then wash the starch, which gives the friability of the potatoes. And the strips of potatoes will remain intact after frying.
- In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil.
- Tip. For dishes that require heat treatment, it is better to use refined oil - it foams less and does not have a characteristic odor.
- In heated oil, throw strips of potatoes and fry until golden brown.
- Wip the potatoes with a paper towel: and add salt at the end.
- Tip. You need to salt the fried potatoes after cooking: since salt helps soften and boil the potatoes. But boiled potatoes need to be salted as soon as the water boils.
Serve a ready-made dish of beef stroganoff with beef potatoes “Pail”
need hot: lightly sprinkled with chopped herbs. The peculiarity of this dish is that the meat is cooked in a large amount of sauce. This gives it additional juiciness and softness. What other side dishes can be prepared for beef in a Stroganov style, you can find on the site "I like to cook."