A dish from the table of Russian princes - buckwheat pancakes in milk. Crispy, with a delicate taste, beautiful coffee color - they will become a real decoration of the table not only during the celebration of Shrovetide. Indescribable pleasure, unique taste: having tried once, you want to cook them again and again. I suggest making buckwheat pancakes (without adding wheat flour) with me.
- milk - 1.5 cups;
- buckwheat flour - 0.5 cups;
- butter - 1 tablespoon;
- sour cream - 1 tablespoon (with a slide);
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of dry yeast;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon;
Buckwheat pancakes with yeast. Step by step recipe
- In a glass with warm milk, dissolve the yeast and leave it for 3-5 minutes, until the yeast swells, and then mix until it is completely dissolved.
- Pour sour cream and mix with buckwheat flour. Stir until a homogeneous mass without lumps (you can use a blender or mixer).
- We leave the buckwheat dough for 2-3 hours in the heat - for fermentation.
- Add the melted butter, egg yolk and salt to the fermented and risen dough.
- We mix everything well and add so much hot milk to make a thin dough (like on ordinary pancakes).
- Beat the remaining egg white in a strong foam and mix in the dough. Immediately start baking.
- We spread the dough from buckwheat flour with a ladle onto a hot, well-oiled - vegetable oil or pork fat - pan: immediately reduce the heat to moderate. Turn over as soon as one side is completely baked: grab the edges with your hands (they are better baked and therefore stronger than the middle).
- Every buckwheat pancake is immediately greased with melted butter and covered with a plate (or put in a warm oven), because these pancakes cool very quickly.
You can also make buckwheat pancakes from buckwheat porridge. Mix 300 grams of finished buckwheat porridge (left over from the dinner, or cooked specially) with 2 tablespoons of sugar and salt (to taste), grind in a blender. Add 2 eggs and a half cup of milk. With constant stirring, we introduce 80 grams of flour and baking powder. Fry in a hot, greased frying pan over medium heat (about 2-3 minutes on each side). Ready pancakes are immediately greased with melted butter.
To decorate the table, I propose to serve ready-made buckwheat pancakes with different fillings (and the options for serving pancakes can also be different: on our site “I Love Cooking” you can see how to make pancakes with a “bag” and a rose). So, options for toppings for buckwheat pancakes:
- pork liver (boil, twist) mixed with carrots (boiled and grated on a fine grater) and with a fried onion;
- salted red fish (cut into small strips), mixed with chopped green onions and a drop of olive oil - all this splendor sprinkled with vinegar;
- fresh mushrooms (fried with onion in fat), mixed with chopped garlic and rustic sour cream - a tender and juicy mixture;
- processed cheese (grated on a fine grater), mixed with chopped eggs, garlic and mayonnaise - grease the buckwheat pancake and turn it into a tube;
- green onions (a bunch of finely chopped), mix with boiled chopped eggs and pour olive oil.
A healthy, tasty, diet dish - buckwheat pancakes with yeast dough - is ready for the celebration of Maslenitsa. Buckwheat flour pancakes serve with chocolate paste or caramel sauce (children will be delighted). For the male half of the guests (and family), make buckwheat pancakes stuffed with fried mushrooms or cheese and garlic - believe me, there will be a lot of compliments. The site "I like to cook" wishes you bon appetit. Stop by for new recipes: we have something to show and tell you. And since we started cooking pancakes, we will gladly reveal to you all the secrets of the right pancakes and tell you the recipe for buckwheat-millet pancakes in milk.