Spicy chicken balls in a creamy sauce is an excellent snack dish with a delicate golden crust. After all, the balls are made of tender in structure, but pungent chicken meat. And in combination with cheese sauce - it's just an unearthly taste. Cheese balls with cheese - a great appetizer for watching a football game in front of the TV. At our place, such a dish is cooked quite often: especially before the arrival of guests.
For chicken balls:
- chicken breast - 350 grams;
- hard cheese - 100 grams;
- thick cream - 3-4 tablespoons;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- garlic powder - 0.5 teaspoon;
- dried oregano - 0.5 teaspoon;
- Tabasco sauce - 2-3 teaspoons;
- breadcrumbs for breading.
For cheese sauce:
- hard cheese - 100 grams;
- butter - 20 grams;
- milk - 150 milliliters;
- wheat flour - 1 tablespoon;
- turmeric - 0.5 teaspoons;
- salt to taste.
Chicken balls in a creamy sauce. Step by step recipe
- Chicken breast, for the preparation of chicken balls, cut into small pieces and chop in a blender to a puree state.
- In the ground meat, pour cream with a fat content of at least 33% and add crushed hard cheese (it can be crushed with a grater or blender).
- Tip. For cooking, it is better to use cheese, not a cheese product.
- Add spices and Tabasco sauce to minced chicken meat. And mix everything thoroughly until smooth.
- Tabasco sauce can be used purchased, or you can cook it yourself. You need to take 4 pods of red hot pepper, peel the seeds and finely chop, then pour boiled hot water and leave for half an hour, soak.
- Four medium tomatoes, peel the stalk, grind one peeled onion and two garlic cloves in a meat grinder or grind with a blender. There, add a few sprigs of parsley and pre-expressed hot red pepper. And grind everything again.
- In a saucepan, heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and pour into our saucepan, which we will use for chicken balls. Boil it over low heat until the desired consistency. At the end, add salt and sugar to taste and pour 20 milliliters of dark wine or balsamic vinegar.
- Cool the prepared Tabasco sauce: and can be used for cooking or served with meat and vegetable dishes.
- So, back to our meat harvesting.
- Dip the palms in the water, pick up the minced meat with a tablespoon and form small balls of chicken.
- We roll the balls in breadcrumbs for breading.
- Bake on a baking sheet covered with parchment for 15-20 minutes (at 250 degrees).
- Cooking cheese sauce. To do this, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the flour: until golden brown. Flour makes home-made sauces thick.
- Pour milk into the stewpan, add salt, turmeric. You can also add chopped nutmeg. Boil the sauce for several minutes over low heat.
- At the end, add grated hard cheese. I prefer the variety "Edam" or "Gouda" - they have a somewhat sweetish flavor. But, by the way, you can use the cheese that you like.
- Mix the cheese sauce until completely dissolved.
- Serve the cheese sauce along with chicken mitballs when the chicken balls are baked.
Delicious meat balls after baking have a pleasant golden crust. They are completely non-greasy: since we baked them in the oven, rather than deep-fried. Try, experiment, cook together with our site “I love to cook”.