Sweet and sour chicken is perhaps one of the most beloved and widespread dishes of Chinese cuisine. The combination of the simplest products, but how delicious they play together!
- chicken fillet - 700 grams;
- sweet bell pepper (different colors) - 3 pieces;
- canned pineapple - 1 can;
- ginger (root) - 30 grams;
- soy sauce - 100 grams;
- starch - 100 grams;
- flour - 100 grams;
- 2 eggs;
- vegetable oil - 250 grams;
- honey - 3 tablespoons;
- vinegar (apple) - 3 tablespoons;
- tomato sauce - 30 grams;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- water - 500 milliliters;
- sesame seeds - 50 grams.
Sweet and sour chicken. Step by step recipe
- Wash the chicken fillet, cut into small, even slices and marinate in soy sauce. Leave the chicken as it is for 30 minutes.
- Add one tablespoon of starch and flour to the chicken, mix everything thoroughly.
- Beat whites only to make batter. Separate the remaining flour, starch, one pinch of salt separately and slowly add the whipped whites. The consistency should resemble dough for pancakes.
- Pour oil into a pan and heat well. Dip the chicken in the batter and start frying in small portions. Spread the fried pieces of chicken on a dish that is previously covered with paper towels - so you get rid of excess fat.
- When the chicken is fried, start cooking sweet and sour sauce. Coarsely chop the bell pepper and fry it in vegetable oil. Do not fry for a long time so that the pepper remains crispy.
- Grate the ginger root and add to the pepper. Also add vinegar, diced pineapples, honey and water. Strain the sauce for 3 minutes. Next, add the remaining starch, tomato sauce and mix the sauce until it becomes thick.
- The final stage is the combination of chicken and sauce. Mix everything well, cover the pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
Serve the chicken by sprinkling with sesame seeds. This dish is complemented by a side dish in the form of green beans. "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! We also suggest paying attention to cooking chicken with mushrooms, baked under a potato coat and chicken in a jar.