Once my neighbor shared with me a recipe for cold appetizers: stuffed tomatoes - I cook them mainly in the summer. This is a wonderful cold appetizer for meat or barbecue. Juicy, meaty tomatoes, spicy garlic and a lot of spicy herbs - what could be better with good drinks and delicious dishes.
- dill - 1 bunch;
- parsley — 1 bunch;
- cilantro — 1 bunch;
- vegetable oil - 2-3 tablespoons;
- tomatoes - 10 pieces (small size);
- garlic - 6-7 teeth;
- onions - 1 piece (medium);
- ground black pepper to taste;
- salt to taste.
Cold starter recipes: stuffed tomatoes. Step by step recipe
- First, a few words about the tomatoes themselves. For the preparation of stuffed tomatoes, we need to choose tomatoes of solid varieties and medium size, rounded in shape. Wash and dry the tomatoes, then gently cut off the tops with a knife, take out the pulp and seeds with a teaspoon.
- Tomato cups need to be salt and pepper from the inside and leave for one hour.
- Cut the peeled onion into thin half rings or a quarter rings if the bulb is large.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a heated frying pan and fry the onion on it: over low heat until golden brown.
- Carefully wash the greens of parsley, cilantro and dill, dry and chop finely.
- Tip: if you got a little sluggish greens, put it for several hours in cold water and take it to a cool place. After a while, your greens will be - like from a garden. Fresh basil is also suitable for stuffing tomatoes.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic with a knife.
- To the greens, add the cooled fried onions, finely chopped garlic, mix everything.
- Now we stuff our tomatoes with greens. Put in a pan or tray and cover with a lid. We leave the tomatoes for a day in the refrigerator.
- Ready cold appetizer: stuffed tomatoes - a wonderful festive dish. Cool, refreshing, a little piquant and very beautiful.
I have another recipe for stuffed tomatoes. No less tasty and also very effective when served. So, we need a little firm tomatoes: like the sort of "Cream", medium size.
- Washed and dried tomatoes, cut from above with a sharp knife - cross to cross.
- Carefully, using a knife, we turn off the skin of a tomato, making a flower with petals of a vegetable - in the form of a tulip.
- The middle of the tomato, as in the previous recipe, carefully, so as not to damage the vegetable itself, take out a teaspoon.
- For the filling, take fat cottage cheese (at least 9%, but it is better to take homemade cottage cheese). Grind it through a sieve or knead to a homogeneous mass. Add salt, ground black pepper and a few cloves of chopped garlic to the curd filling for stuffed tomatoes. If desired, you can add chopped herbs, which were added in the previous recipe: dill, parsley, basil and cilantro. We mix everything.
- We fill our tomato "tulips" with filling. You can decorate with sprigs of greenery - and serve.
Such wonderful summer snacks in the form of stuffed tomatoes are a real decoration for the festive table. They are not only bright and beautiful, but also very tasty, healthy - like all summer vegetables. With our site "I love to cook", you will always cook quickly, tasty and original. After all, all the recipes that we offer you have long been verified.