Today I want to share a recipe for a real delicacy that has long conquered the tastes of all gourmets - it's cold smoked mackerel in onion husks. You can cook this wonderful fish together with “Very tasty” at home very easily and simply.
At 3 mackerels:
- water - 2 liters;
- salt - 9 tablespoons;
- sugar - 5 tablespoons;
- onion peel - 5 handfuls;
- spices to taste.
Cold smoked mackerel in onion husk. Step by step recipe
- Mix all the ingredients and prepare the brine.
- Put it on fire, after boiling boil for 15 minutes.
- Wait until cool and strain through cheesecloth.
- To clean our fish, cut off the head, fins and tail, wash and put in a large bowl.
- Pour the fish with brine for 3 days. Turn the fish over sometimes.
- After the time is up, we hang the fish on a hook, with which we make a hole in the tail region above the sink or where it is convenient, the main thing is to substitute a bowl, so liquid will drain from it.
- We leave it suspended for the night.
- In the morning, our mackerel is ready to eat.
Cold smoked mackerel in onion peel turns fragrant and with a beautiful color. From now on, in order to enjoy smoked fish, you don’t have to go to the store, you will be able to cook it yourself. Serve a side dish and fresh vegetable salad with the fish. To achieve greater similarity to purchased fish, you can add 2 tablespoons of liquid smoke to 1 liter of water in brine. "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit! And next time we will try cold smoked mackerel or mackerel in marinade.