Sunday meal in my big family is delicious beshbarmak. It was always cooked in the husband’s family when all the children gathered at the mother-in-law (she is Tatar, and Beshbarmak is considered a national dish among the Turkic peoples) as a guest. It seemed to unite the family: unusually tasty meat of beef and mutton, a large amount of juicy onions and awesome cakes from dough had to be eaten by hand, from a common dish. Fun, with jokes, jokes (otherwise it just doesn’t work) - such a feast is remembered for a long time. My mother-in-law taught me how to cook this dish, too, and he already taught me. Since my family is also large, now delicious beshbarmak is considered a crown dish with us. And it’s perfect when friends come to visit: a wonderful dish for a friendly feast, believe me. And check)))
- 1.5-2 kilograms of fairly fatty meat (beef + mutton);
- 500 grams of sausage "Kazy";
- 300 grams of smoked horse meat;
- 10 large onion heads:
- 2-3 bay leaves;
- salt and pepper to taste.
For the test:
- more than 1 kilogram of flour - approximately 1.2 kilograms;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 tablespoon of salt;
- broth for kneading dough.
Delicious beshbarmak. Step by step recipe
- We will cook at the stake (ideal for a picnic), but you can cook the same dish on the stove at home. The only difference: home-cooked beshbarmak will not smell like a bonfire. If you cook at the stake, do not forget to periodically lay firewood.
- We make a fire, put a cold cauldron on the fire, lay the meat of beef and mutton, fill it with water so that it covers the meat.
- Salt, add a couple of leaves of lavrushka, cover the cauldron with a lid.
- When the meat boils, remove all the foam (the broth should be transparent). Cook for an hour.
- After the meat has boiled for an hour, take the broth for the dough (try to take it from below, low-fat): about half a liter.
- Add water to the initial level, put in a cauldron a piece of horse meat and sausage (whole, without cutting into pieces). Cook another hour.
- When the broth becomes warm, begin to knead the dough.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, make a deepening, drive 2 eggs, salt, and begin to introduce the broth (how much will take the dough). Knead the finished dough for about 7 minutes: it should turn out to be tighter than the dumplings dough.
- Round off the finished dough for beshbarmak, put it in a bowl, cover with a lid. Leave for 20-30 minutes to relax.
- From the finished dough we form a thick sausage, divide it into 7-8 parts (not necessarily the same: it will just be easier to roll out). We round each part, and put it in a bowl so that the dough does not wind. If you cook at home, you can just cover it with a towel while you work.
- We take the first slice of dough, put it on the table, dusted with flour, sprinkle the dough itself well with flour, and begin to roll into a flat cake. The dough sheet should not be visible, but should be thinner than we roll out for dumplings.
- We cut the dough layer into large enough pieces (you can look in more detail at the video under the recipe), put it on a board sprinkled with flour (you can just cover the free surface with white paper and sprinkle with flour). During the time that we will roll out the next batch of dough, these pieces will dry out, and then the next can be freely laid on them, the dough will not stick together.
- When the meat is ready, do the following.
- Peeled and washed onions are cut in half rings, put in a separate bowl and pour the most rich broth of meat. It is better if the onion is completely covered with broth.
- Once again, add water to the meat, salt, bring to a boil, give a little boil.
- We take out the finished meat from the broth, set it aside.
- We again add water to the cauldron (it needs a lot to prepare the dough), salt, bring to a boil.
- At this time, cut the meat into portions, put it on a large dish (you can use a round tray). Kazi cut into large circles.
- Tip. It is still better to remove bones from meat: it will be more convenient to eat.
- After the water in the cauldron boils well, we begin to cook the flat cakes from the dough: divide them into several parts so that they do not stick together during cooking.
- After the juices are cooked, we get them out with a slotted spoon (right into the colander). We send in the middle of the dish with meat for beshbarmak.
- Tip. If you have to add water during juicier cooking, add vegetable oil: this way the dough will not stick together.
- We remove the cauldron from the fire, put the pan with the onion. Salt and pepper to taste, bring to a boil, immediately remove from heat. A broth with onions should not boil.
- Pour the prepared cakes and meat on the dish with broth with onions
Ready-made beshbarmak, cooked at home, is best served on a dish in which it can then be heated at any time: since cold meat freezes on the lips. Beshbarmak is not laid out in portions: the name of this dish is translated from Turkic as “five fingers” - and they eat it with your hands. Take the dough in your hands, grab the meat and onion with it, dip it into the broth and send it into your mouth. The deliciousness is extraordinary: it is worth trying once - and the beshbarmak will become a weekend meal, I guarantee. On the site "Very tasty", you can always choose for yourself a recipe for any cuisine in the world.