Cabbage and carrot cutlets are something delicious! Very tender, tasty, when you try, you will not immediately understand what they are from. I first cooked these meatballs during fasting (they are absolutely free of eggs and animal products), and my family liked them so much that they became a frequent dish on our table. Just recently I tried to cook them with young spring vegetables - I was in shock! So delicious that you can swallow your tongue! Therefore, today I want to share my admiration and tell how to cook lean (vegan) cutlets from carrots and cabbage. Believe me, it is very simple, fast enough and not at all expensive!
- peeled carrots - 500 grams;
- onions - 150 grams;
- white cabbage - 500 grams;
- semolina - 100 grams;
- sugar - 5 grams (1 teaspoon without top);
- refined vegetable oil - 20 milliliters;
- cold water - 100 milliliters;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- breadcrumbs - 100-125 grams;
- refined vegetable oil for frying.
Delicious cabbage and carrot cutlets. Step by step recipe
- Preparation of minced meat: thinly chop the fresh cabbage with a knife or using a special shredder. We put everything in a deep bowl.
- Cut the peeled onions into thin quarter rings and send to the cabbage.
- Rub carrots on a coarse grater and combine with the total mass.
- Add salt (approximately an incomplete teaspoon), sugar, pepper, mix everything and gently crush with your hands so that the vegetables let the juice a little.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into the pan, add 100 milliliters of water.
- We put the pan on the stove and bring to a boil over medium heat, add 20 milliliters of vegetable oil, mix. Cover and simmer until soft ingredients, stirring them periodically. The stewing time can be different: if you use vegetables from last year's harvest (which were harvested for the winter), then it will take 40-50 minutes in time, if you have young cabbage (new harvest), then 25 minutes will be enough for you.
- When the vegetables are well stewed, become soft, taste, add salt if necessary, you can add ground pepper.
- Without removing the pan from the fire, add the semolina in small portions, each time mixing well and quickly, so that no lumps form. Stew this mixture on medium (maybe slightly less than average) heat, about 10 minutes. So that the vegetable mass does not stick and evenly warms up, periodically stir with a spatula. In this recipe, the astringent, form-holding base will be semolina so eggs are absolutely not needed here.
- We put the finished lean cutlet mass into a bowl and leave to cool to a warm state.
- We form cutlets and roll them in breadcrumbs. So that the stuffing does not stick to your hands, periodically moisten them with cold water.
- We heat the sunflower oil in a pan, and fry the vegetable patties until a beautiful golden crust, over medium heat.
- We put ready cutlets from cabbage and carrots on a paper towel to remove excess oil, then transfer them to a serving dish.
The lean cabbage and carrot cutlets turned out to be simply delicious: very tender, soft inside, with a golden, slightly crispy crust. They are very tasty from any vegetables. But if you cook these cutlets from young cabbage, juicy carrots - you will get a real bomb! They come out even more tender, with a pleasant sweetish aftertaste and a delicious aroma. Cooking with us is easy, fast, tasty and healthy! And step by step recipes will reveal all the nuances of cooking! Bon appetit together with “Very tasty”!