A fragrant, hearty meal for the whole family - a delicious pilaf made from chicken. Properly prepared friable rice with pieces of fresh and juicy chicken - will bring you a lot of pleasure. In recent years, dishes from Central Asia are increasingly found on our tables. Many of them are not so difficult to prepare, and therefore are increasingly finding a place of honor in our house. A variety of spices and spices make them fragrant and spicy in taste. Pilaf with chicken can be prepared at home, not spending so much time, and as a result - get a lot of enthusiasm and praise from relatives. The recipes for cooking chicken pilaf that I met in different cookbooks were very much alike, but I want to offer you, my friends, the recipe I checked more than once. Cook with me - you will succeed.
- chicken - medium carcass;
- rice - 1 kilogram;
- onions - 2 large pieces;
- carrots - 5 large pieces;
- garlic - 3 heads;
- spices for pilaf - 1 tablespoon;
- bay leaf - 4 leaves;
- peppercorns - 10 peas;
- sweet red pepper - 1 teaspoon;
- Refined sunflower oil - 100 milliliters.
Delicious chicken pilaf. Step by step recipe
- Let's start with the chicken. Rinse and wipe it with a paper towel or tissue. If you have carved a whole carcass more than once - cut it into medium pieces, measuring 3 by 4 centimeters. If you are a beginner, then you must first cut off the wings, then the thigh, after which it is necessary to separate the breast from the back. We do not use the ridge, so we cut it out and set it aside. Places with a lot of subcutaneous fat, we also set aside. All sliced pieces are placed in a bowl.
- Chicken, unlike pork, lamb, in my opinion, is juicier and softer in taste - if cooked correctly.
- Peeled carrots must be cut into medium-sized cubes. Peel the onion and also cut into medium cubes. Each of the three heads of garlic needs to be cut off only the crown.
- Rice must be washed under running water until the water becomes clear. The better you wash it, the more likely it is to get crumbly pilaf with chicken instead of rice porridge.
- It is necessary to choose a pot or cauldron for our pilaf. The volume should be no less than 6 liters.
- We put the cauldron on the stove, pour the vegetable oil and put one head of garlic, notched part down to the bottom. Turn on the fire and start to warm up. When our garlic is fried, we remove it and put the chicken into pieces. Now it can be salted, mixed with a spatula. The chicken must be fried until half cooked without a lid, stirring occasionally.
- When the chicken stock has evaporated, you need to add our previously sliced carrots. We do not reduce the fire, mix and let the carrots fry for about 5 minutes. After we add the prepared onions and also mix. We fry until onions become transparent, and carrots completely color the oil in orange.
- Now is the time to add all the necessary spices so that we get a fragrant and juicy pilaf with chicken. We put bay leaf on the meat, a tablespoon of spices for pilaf, peas, red bell pepper. Mix everything thoroughly.
- We fill in a kilogram of washed rice, put two heads of garlic and pour everything with boiling water. The height of the water should be two fingers above the rice. Salt to taste. Without reducing the fire, we wait until rice appears through the water. When the rice has appeared, we cover the cauldron or the pan with a lid, make a very small fire and simmer for no more than 15-20 minutes. At the end of this time, without lifting the lid, leave it under the closed lid for another 10 minutes.
- The insisted, tasty and fragrant homemade pilaf should be mixed and served.
Serve the dish only hot: feel the aroma of herbs and spices. Once it’s enough to cook it, it will be simply impossible to forget the taste. Get real pleasure from a delicious and satisfying pilaf with chicken. The site "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit!