Delicious chocolate dumplings with cottage cheese is a new taste of the traditional Ukrainian dish, which we once prepared using the method of experiments with her daughter: when she asked me to cook something new and unusual for her. She liked him so much that I wanted to share the recipe for this dish with you.
- wheat flour - 3 cups;
- kefir - 200 milliliters;
- cocoa powder - 3 tablespoons;
- boiled water - 70 milliliters;
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon;
- soda - 1 teaspoon;
- cinnamon - a teaspoon;
- cottage cheese - 200 grams;
- sugar - 3 tablespoons;
- chicken eggs - 1 piece.
Chocolate dumplings with cottage cheese. Step by step recipe
Cooking the dough for chocolate dumplings.
- Pour cocoa into boiled water, mix well: we should get a thick mass.
Tip. To ensure that the cocoa powder is well mixed and there are no lumps, it must be dry mixed with sugar (0.5 teaspoon). And then gradually add liquid.
- Separately, we pour kefir into a bowl and add soda - it should be repaid in kefir acid.
- Mix kefir with chocolate mass until smooth, without lumps.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Sift the wheat flour.
- Gradually, in small portions, introduce the flour and knead the dough for the chocolate dumplings.
- We spread the dough on the table and continue to knead thoroughly. We leave the finished chocolate dough, covered with cling film, relax.
- Cooking stuffing for cottage cheese dumplings. To do this, mix the cottage cheese with the egg. The cottage cheese is fatter, the filling will be tastier.
Tip. If your cottage cheese is thin, strain it gently with gauze or a colander.
- Add cinnamon and sugar to the curd. And mix everything. Cinnamon will give the curd filling a special oriental flavor. Instead of cinnamon, you can take vanillin.
- The dough is divided into two parts. We roll each of them into a thin layer 5 millimeters thick.
- Using a glass, cut out circles. Put the filling in the middle of each circle and sculpt the dumplings. Chocolate dumplings are obtained a little thicker than ordinary.
- In boiling salted water, spread the dumplings in small portions and boil for about 10 minutes.
Ready chocolate dumplings with cottage cheese are poured with butter, sour cream, jam or condensed milk. Also, as a filling for such dumplings, you can use cherries. To do this, remove the seeds from the berries, mix cherries with sugar. And when putting the filling on the dough, you need to put half a teaspoon of potato starch in each dumpling over the berries. Then the juice from the cherries will not flow out, but will turn into a gentle, jelly-like filling.
Our fancy chocolate dumplings can be served. How to turn ordinary dishes into original ones, you can see on my site “I love to cook”.