How I love delicious cottage cheese casseroles - this is the favorite dish of many: probably because it comes from childhood. I tried many different versions of this dish, and I propose to cook a tender, airy, melting in my mouth casserole according to my recipe. It would seem, how can one make awesome dessert from such ordinary ingredients? This casserole will not leave indifferent even those who do not like cottage cheese: a wonderful recipe - the children are delighted with such yummy.
- 700 grams of cottage cheese;
- 100 grams of semolina;
- 100 milliliters of milk;
- 4 eggs;
- 100 grams of 25% sour cream;
- 150 grams of sugar;
Delicious cottage cheese casserole. Step by step recipe
- First of all, pour the semolina into a separate bowl and fill it with milk. Mix everything thoroughly. Give semolina time to swell: about twenty or thirty minutes.
- After that we take eggs and we separate proteins from yolks. Beat the whites with a mixer or blender until a homogeneous white mixture is obtained. Add sugar to the whipped proteins and beat until smooth. Beat until firm, lush foam.
- To the curd we add the swollen semolina with milk, yolks, sour cream and whip all these ingredients with a blender. Take cottage cheese for a casserole of medium or high fat content: then it will not be dry.
- To a homogeneous curd mass pour the whipped whites with sugar. Mix everything thoroughly.
- I like to add raisins or dried apricots to the curd mass: only before use do they need to be soaked in water. If you take fresh fruits, then before using them, you need to darken them in a frying pan to leave excess juice. You can also add your favorite ingredient based on your tastes.
- We turn to baking. Lubricate the baking dish with vegetable or olive oil and spread the dough, evenly distributing it over the entire surface of the mold. For baking, you can also use parchment paper: this way it will be easier to remove the dough from the mold.
- We put the mold in an oven preheated to 180 degrees and bake for forty or fifty minutes: it all depends on the capacity of your oven.
- Check the readiness of the cottage cheese casserole with a wooden stick, toothpick or the tip of a knife: if there is no dough left on them, then the casserole is ready.
- You can decorate this dish at your discretion.
Serving cottage cheese casserole is better when cold: you can pour it with chocolate, condensed milk, jam, honey, sour cream, berry sauces. When guests come to me, I decorate cottage cheese casserole with fresh raspberries, mint leaves - the view is simply amazing. It’s very good to cook such a casserole for children’s holidays, decorating it beautifully - it turns out both tasty and healthy. On the site "I like to cook" there are a lot of recipes for delicious desserts from cottage cheese.