The brightest and most spectacular herring appetizer has already won its place of honor at our holiday table. The recipe for delicious delicate pancakes is guaranteed to surprise you not only with its ease of preparation, but also with an amazing combination of all the ingredients. The most interesting thing is that from simple and affordable products, you can cook a very elegant and unusual snack. After all, it is the appetizer that serves the first to the table and exclamations of delight will not keep you waiting long. Forward!
- premium wheat flour - 200 grams;
- boiled beets - 200 grams;
- chicken egg - 1 piece;
- ryazhenka 4% - 100 milliliters;
- cow's milk - 200 milliliters;
- vegetable oil (refined sunflower) - 50 milliliters;
- salt - 10 grams;
- sugar sand - 20 grams.
- cream cheese (soft) - 250 grams;
- slightly salted herring (fillet) - 300 grams.
Delicious pancakes with herring. Step by step recipe
First, let's take a look at how to cook delicious pancakes.
- Before you start preparing the dough, you need to boil 200 grams of beets (about two small beets). We wash the beets well from the remnants of the earth and cook on low heat until cooked. We take out, cool and peel. Next, cut into small pieces, send into a blender bowl and grind into a homogeneous mass (puree).
- To the finished beetroot puree, add our fermented baked milk, one egg, milk, salt, sugar and sand and again everything is well interrupted by a blender.
- It turns out a bright homogeneous mass of raspberry color. Add half a portion (25 milliliters) of refined sunflower oil and mix well with a whisk again.
- In the resulting mass, add wheat flour in portions. Tip: you must sift the flour through a sieve. So it will be enriched with oxygen and foreign impurities will definitely not get into the dough. Knead well with a whisk. The dough should be a homogeneous consistency, without lumps. From working with such a vivid test, the mood immediately rises.
- We start to fry our most delicious pancakes. For frying thin pancakes, I use a pancake pan. It has low sides and simplifies the process of cooking pancakes as much as possible. But an ordinary frying pan will also do an excellent job of this task.
- We grease the frying pan well with refined sunflower oil (for frying we use the second half of the portion of oil indicated in the recipe) and heat it up a lot.
- Using a spoon or ladle, pour a small amount of dough into a hot skillet. We level it over the entire diameter of the pan and fry on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Then, using a wooden or silicone spatula, we turn our beautiful pancake on the other side. Fry another 1-2 minutes and transfer to a dish.
- Before frying each new pancake, the pan must be lubricated with refined sunflower oil: in order to prevent pancakes from sticking to the pan. Thanks to this technique, pancakes will not tear and will have a beautiful appearance.
- Thus we use all the dough. From these ingredients, I got five tender and bright pancakes. Leave the pancakes to cool completely.
- In the meantime, we’ll start preparing herring for our appetizer. I prefer to use salted herring fillet. I buy fish and cut the fillet from it myself at home. If you are afraid of the time of cutting herring, then buy in the store a filet that is completely ready for use (but not cut into portioned slices).
- Attention! Cut herring fillets ALONG thin long strips.
- We begin to form pancakes rolls. We take a pancake and, on the one hand, spread it well over the entire diameter with soft cream cheese.
- On the edge of the pancake we lay out several strips of herring (2 - 3 things) and carefully wrap the pancake in a roll.
- In the same way, we make out all the remaining pancakes.
- Put ready-made pancakes rolls in a tray, close with a lid or cling film, and send them to the refrigerator for 15 - 20 minutes.
- When the rolls are slightly cooled (the cooled rolls are cut much easier and more accurately), we cut them into portioned slices approximately two centimeters thick.
- We shift the pieces to a dish and serve. A spectacular herring appetizer is ready!
I hope you enjoy this simple and delicious pancake recipe. Such a herring appetizer is able to make a novelty and decorate any table. Be sure to try to cook it at home and taste this wonderful taste. The “I love to cook" team wishes you a most pleasant appetite and a bright fun holiday!