Today we will cook delicious pancakes with milk according to my girlfriend’s recipe. These are not just pancakes - they are cooked without eggs. All those who consider themselves to be vegetarians urgently take this recipe for themselves. Also, they can take advantage of those who simply follow their figure - and at the same time want to pamper themselves a little. Pancakes turn out very tasty: it will be difficult for you to determine that they are without eggs. For simple and tasty pancakes, you can choose any filling to your liking and, if possible: classic - cottage cheese, or you can use something original: for example, suluguni cheese with cilantro. Below I will share with you how to prepare delicious toppings.
- wheat flour - 400 grams;
- milk 2.5% (non-fat can) - 1 liter;
- granulated sugar - 3 tablespoons;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoons;
- soda - 0.5 teaspoons;
- refined sunflower oil - 3 tablespoons;
- butter - 1-2 tablespoons (30-60 grams).
Delicious pancakes in milk. Step by step recipe
- We will prepare a deep bowl in which we will knead the mass on pancakes. Using a sieve, sift all the flour. Add sugar, salt and soda. After mixing a little, pour half a liter of milk at room temperature. The remaining milk is poured into the pan and put on the stove. You do not need to boil it: just bring it to a boil and turn it off.
- Next, we add sunflower refined oil to our mass. If you want, you can add any other vegetable oil (for example, olive) instead of sunflower.
- Now take a whisk and begin to mix everything thoroughly until smooth: you should get a piece of tight dough.
- When the milk is almost boiling, remove it from the stove and start adding one ladle to our dough. They added one ladle - mixed, added the second - mixed, and so on, until we use all the milk. Do not rush to pour everything all at once: then in the test there will be many undissolved lumps.
- When everything is thoroughly mixed, it is necessary to strain the resulting mass through a sieve. To do this, take another deep bowl, put a sieve on it and, using a spoon, skip the entire pancake mass. This is done so that the dough is homogeneous, and the pancakes are thin and delicate. At the end, add about two tablespoons of water. We mix everything. The mass should not be thick, if you see that it is thick - add another spoonful of water (room temperature).
- If you have a blender or mixer, you can use the appropriate nozzle and mix the dough until smooth.
- Now you need to slightly warm the butter in the microwave or in a water bath, so that it becomes liquid, and add it to the bowl. Mix again and set everything aside for 20 minutes.
- Cooking pan for baking. It is best to use pancake with non-stick coating.
- If you have a regular cast-iron frying pan, pour salt into it (so that the salt covers the entire bottom of the pan) before baking, heat it over high heat with salt for 2 minutes, then remove the salt. This is the "grandmother's method" I used once. Salt will do great so that your pancakes do not burn during baking.
- Before the first pancake, pour a drop of sunflower oil in a pan and use a paper towel or paper towel to wipe the entire pan.
- Heat the pan. Pour the first ladle and, using circular motions, distribute the liquid mass throughout the pan. After the first two pancakes, you will understand how much dough you need to pour. Turn the pancake on the other side when you see how its edges have risen. Under this condition, the blade easily turns it over. Fry over medium heat. With each subsequent pancake, the time for baking will take less and less.
- Stacking delicious thin pancakes, you can grease them with butter. By their texture they are springy, elastic, very thin and slightly porous (with holes).
Now that we have baked a whole pile of delicious and thin pancakes in milk, it's time to prepare the filling for them. The first thing I will tell: how I prepare the classic curd filling.
- Take 350 grams of cottage cheese. It should not be very wet and not very dry. If you have homemade cottage cheese, then most often it is very tender and moist: it is better to throw it on cheesecloth - let the excess liquid drain. Transfer to a deep bowl and knead everything with a fork. We add sugar powder to the cottage cheese (you can just sugar) - one tablespoon with a slide (or to taste) and two teaspoons of sour cream. All carefully knead until a homogeneous consistency. For lovers of vanilla flavor and aroma: add some vanilla to the curd mass.
- We grease our pancakes with the finished curd mass. Do not spread the filling with too thick a ball: it should be thin and distributed throughout the pancake. Also spin into a tube or any other familiar and convenient way.
- For savory pancakes, you can cook one of my favorite fillings: take suluguni cheese and spices (coriander, black pepper and cilantro). Grate the cheese on a coarse grater, finely chop the cilantro and add the remaining spices to taste. We spread it on pancakes and wrap it with an envelope. Then in a preheated frying pan with butter, fry on both sides until golden brown. It is also delicious to serve hot, while the cheese is melted - with sour cream.
Now you know how to cook delicious and healthy pancakes at home. They are neutral and suitable for use with any filling. Cook, experiment, and let everything work out. "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit!