I like to pamper my relatives with all sorts of unusual dishes. This is one of them. Today we will cook with you well, very tasty colored dumplings for a couple. The dish is simply a work of art. Beautiful dumplings in the shape of roses will surprise relatives and friends. And your culinary talent will definitely go down in family history. These dumplings are according to the Chinese recipe. Cooking them is easy, so let's get started.
About 20 dumplings are obtained from this amount of ingredients, depending on size.
For beet dye:
- beets - 215-230 grams;
- water - 50-100 milliliters;
- lemon juice - 1/2 tablespoon.
For the test:
- flour - 300 grams;
- beet dye - 150 milliliters;
- vegetable oil - 10 grams;
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon.
- minced pork - 100 grams;
- ground beef - 100 grams;
- chives (green onions) - 40 grams;
- onions - 70 grams;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- oyster sauce - 1 tablespoon;
- sesame oil - 1 tablespoon;
- Mirin wine - 1 tablespoon;
- salt and pepper to taste.
Very tasty colored steamed dumplings. Step cooking
- Let's start with dye for dough. Take dark red beets to get a bright shade. When working with beets, wear gloves. You need to chop the beets. You can do this in a blender, or you can grate. If the beets are not juicy enough, you can add a little water. The chopped vegetable should be placed in a saucepan, add lemon juice and boil for literally 5 minutes on low heat.
- Now you need to strain the beets through a sieve or gauze. Our dye is ready.
- Making the dough. Sift the flour into a bowl, add salt, mix everything well so that the salt is evenly distributed, pour the beetroot liquid and vegetable oil. And knead the dough. It should turn out dense, as on ordinary dumplings. If you knead well, the dough will become elastic and pleasant to the touch.
- We remove the finished dough in a bag and put it in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- While we make the filling.
- Spread the minced meat in a bowl, cut the green and onions, add to the minced meat. Add garlic, wine, sesame oil and oyster sauce. Salt, pepper and mix well. You need to taste the minced meat. In order not to eat raw meat, put a little on a plate and cook in the microwave. If something is missing - add and knead well.
- The dough rested, divide it into 2 parts and roll the first half into a thin layer, about 1 mm thick. We take a shape with a diameter of 7 mm and cut out circles. We remove the trimmings and then make circles out of them too.
- We make dumplings. We need 4 circles. We take the first, moisten its edge with water, overlap the second, and so on with all four. It should be a caterpillar. Stuffing put a strip in the middle. Moisten the edges of the dough again with water. Now fold the circles in half and connect the edges. We turn the resulting strip into a roll, coat the tail with water and glue it. It turns out a rose.
- Cook for a couple of minutes 15.
Our colored dumplings, rosettes for a couple are ready! Call relatives and surprise everyone with your skill. Enjoy your meal! Visit the site “Very Delicious”, we still have a lot of cool recipes!