Well, what a Russian table can do without everyone's favorite herring. Today there are a huge variety of different types of salting herring. I want to share with you one of the most delicious Dutch herring recipes. The taste of this herring is simply divine. Try it and you will love it.
- herring - 3 pieces;
- onions - 300 grams;
- carrots - 200 grams;
- sugar - 2 tablespoons;
- salt - 1 tablespoon;
- bay leaf - 8 pieces;
- lemon - 1 piece;
- peppercorns - 15 peas.
Insanely delicious herring in Dutch. Step by step recipe
- We clean the onion, cut into half rings.
- We clean the carrots, three on a grater (as on heh)
- Cut the lemon into half rings.
- We clean herring from the insides, remove the ridge, cut off the tail and head. Also remove the small bones, and carefully peel off the skin. As a result, you should get two fillets of herring. Rinse the finished filet well and place on a paper towel.
- When the herring dries, cut it into portions.
- For our amount of ingredients you will need a two liter jar.
- Put the onion at the bottom of the can, put the herring on top, sprinkle with pepper, salt, sugar, and put a little carrot on top, and a slice of lemon. Press each layer a little by hand. We continue to lay out so every layer. At the very top with the last layer we put onions, carrots, bay leaves, and peppercorns. We close the jar with a tight lid and put it in the refrigerator for 72 hours.
- In three days your herring will be ready.
Herring in Dutch is tender, and very tasty. Before serving, the herring can be nicely laid out on a dish, garnished with greens and lemon slices. "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit! We also offer you interesting recipes for homemade herring and homemade herring.