Preparing for the Great Christian holiday, which cannot do without Easter eggs, I want to talk about how to beautifully paint eggs for Easter. You can attract children to this fascinating process: and the holiday will become truly family. You will get beautiful and original Easter eggs: it is not recommended to eat them, but you can store them as a souvenir or amulet. Easter eggs turn out bright, colorful - you can’t take your eyes off of it. Eggs prepared according to this recipe can be stored all year, until the next Easter - they dry out and do not disappear.
- raw chicken eggs;
- multi-colored rags of fabric (chiffon, satin or silk);
- white rags of fabric (chintz, cotton, linen);
- small stationery erasers;
- 2 tablespoons 9% vinegar;
- 0.5 cups of water.
Beautiful eggs for Easter. Step by step recipe
- Soak the chicken eggs in warm water, with a little soda, for 30-40 minutes.
- Then carefully, in order not to damage the surface of the shell, we carefully clean each egg. I do this with an old toothbrush.
- Eggs cleaned from dirt must be degreased: that is, grease them with a cotton swab moistened with vinegar.
Now we proceed to the coloring of the eggs.
- First we take a white flap of fabric measuring 18 by 18 centimeters, on it we put the same flap of colored fabric. What does the fabric choose one that "sheds". We wrap each raw chicken egg with fabric rags so that there is a white rag on top and a colored rag closer to the shell. You need to wrap the eggs so that as few folds on the fabric as possible are obtained.
- We fasten the edges of the flaps with a thread or clerical gum.
- Put all the eggs in a deep pan, lay them tightly to each other, with “tails” up.
- Fill the "bags" with a solution of vinegar and water.
- Cook for 25 minutes, tightly closing the pan with a lid.
- When the eggs are cooked, wait until fully cooled and deploy.
- From above they can be greased with vegetable oil: from this they will gain a glossy shine.
Easter eggs painted in this way look very bright, colorful and spectacular - but eating them is not recommended. After all, the dye with which the fabric was dyed is industrial, not food.
But for food, I recommend another way of coloring eggs with natural paints: which will not only look beautiful on the holiday table, but are also absolutely safe for the body.
For this we need raw chicken eggs, onion husks, beautiful openwork leaves of grass, an old nylon stocking, a thread or stationery gum, water.
- We prepare eggs for painting, as in the first case.
- We attach a leaf tightly to the egg shell: the larger the leaf is openwork and carved, the more beautiful the result is a drawing.
- Cover the green leaf with a flap of nylon stocking and fasten it with a thread or elastic.
- In a separate pan, we prepare a decoction of onion peel: for this, soak it with cold water for a couple of hours and boil for 30-40 minutes.
- In onion hot broth we put our billets, we note the time and cook.
- Tip. This broth can be used several times. From this, it will only be more saturated, and the color of the painted Easter eggs will be more intense.
- After the eggs are cooked and cooled, remove the stocking and leaf from them. In place of the leaf, a bright display is clearly visible. The denser the sheet is attached to the shell, the clearer the print will be.
Tip: Another interesting way to decorate eggs for Easter with thread. To do this, you need to wrap raw eggs with thread in different directions, as you like. Threads need to be taken thick, you can apply those that are used for knitting. We dip the eggs in a decoction of onion peel and cook. Cool eggs and unwind the finished threads.
- We grease the eggs with vegetable oil and the “edible” decoration of the Easter table is ready!
On our site “I love to cook,” you can see a lot of different original recipes for decorating Easter eggs for the festive table. Believe me, this fascinating process will be interesting to you and your children. After all, preparation is going on for a family holiday.