Unusual Chinese pancakes for a couple - an interesting and unusual variation on the theme of pita bread. Such pancakes are very thin, elastic and tender. In Asian cuisine, they wrap greens, lettuce, vegetables and meat, roll them and dip them in soy sauce. Steamed pita bread is just perfect for such rolls.
- flour - 250 grams
- hot water - 140 milliliters;
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon.
Unusual Chinese pancakes for a couple. Step by step recipe
- Sift the flour through a sieve and form a slide.
- To cook Chinese pancakes on water, you need to use hot, just boiled water. Add salt to it and stir until completely dissolved.
- We make a small depression in the flour and pour salt water and vegetable oil.
- We begin to knead the dough with a wooden spatula or spoon, and when it cools down a little, knead it with your hands.
- Continue to knead the dough on the surface of the table for about five minutes.
- We round the lump of dough, wrap it in plastic wrap and leave the dough for pita for a couple of rest: for thirty minutes.
- Roll out the settled dough into a bundle and divide into sixteen equal portions.
- We round each piece of dough and use our fingers to shape the pancake.
- In a double boiler, boil water. When the water begins to boil, we reduce the heat, put a small plate in the middle and cover our structure with a lid.
- Tip. If you do not have a double boiler, you can use an ordinary pan, on top of it you will need to put a colander and cover it with a lid. It is advisable that the bottom of the colander be flat rather than convex.
- We roll each cake using a rolling pin until it is transparent.
- Carefully lay the rolled Chinese pancake on a plate, cover with a lid.
- Tip. Before putting the first pita bread on a plate, make sure that the plate is hot.
- While the first pancake is being steamed, we roll out the next one. After about five minutes, lay out the next one on the first pita bread, without removing the previous one. And so we continue until all the pancakes are in a double boiler.
- When all the thin Chinese pancakes are cooked, take them out with a plate and serve them hot. Such thin, transparent, elastic pancakes do not stick to each other at all, they are served instead of bread, with different fillings.
- You can cook another kind of pancakes. To do this, you will need four eggs, which you need to beat with a whisk with a pinch of salt, add a spoonful of sugar and gradually add half a glass of sifted flour, continuing to knead well so that there are no lumps. Pour half a liter of milk, two tablespoons of vegetable oil and mix. Pour the finished dough with a ladle into a frying pan heated and greased, and fry for several minutes on both sides. Before frying subsequent servings of pancakes, it is not necessary to lubricate the pan.
Visit our site “Very Delicious” - and learn new recipes for interesting dishes of Asian cuisine (and not only).