Favorite porridge is a very healthy, tasty and satisfying dish. It is often included in various diets as a proper diet, since cereals contain many minerals. There are many options for making porridge - you can cook it in water or milk, it can be a main dish for breakfast or serve as a side dish for meat or fish. Very useful for children and dieters. In addition, cereal for breakfast will help you fix problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
You might think that porridge is very easy to cook, but sometimes it turns out to be boiled or vice versa dry. To avoid this, you should consider certain cooking rules. Remember the following proportions.
- For 1 cup of buckwheat porridge, you need to cook 2 cups of water for 20 minutes.
- For 1-2 tablespoons of semolina, take 1 cup of liquid and cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly so that the porridge does not burn.
- Oatmeal is cooked for 4 minutes in a proportion of 1.5 cups of cereal per 1 liter of liquid.
- Pearl barley should be boiled for an hour, taking 1 cup of cereal and pouring 3 cups of liquid.
- Millet is cooked as a side dish for 45 minutes, 1 cup of cereal in 3 cups of water. To cook wheat porridge, it is necessary to extend the cooking time to 50 minutes.
- Cook rice for 15-20 minutes, pour 1 cup cereal with 2 cups of liquid.
- Corn porridge will turn out delicious if you add 2.5 cups of liquid to 1 cup of cereal and cook for 15 minutes.
Following these recommendations, you will be able to cook the right and delicious cereal dishes. "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And we will tell you the recipe for millet and pumpkin porridge and discover the secret of cooking the Monastyrskaya porridge.