Everyone knows that meat in French is one of the most beloved meat dishes. Today, “Very Tasty” will reveal to you the secret of a very simple and incredibly juicy and tasty French meat recipe in the oven, which will be just a find for you. Well, let's try to cook together.
- meat (beef or pork to your taste) –– 500 grams;
- potatoes - 5-6 pieces;
- onions - 2-3 heads;
- cheese - 250-300 grams;
- sunflower oil for form lubrication;
- mayonnaise - 150-200 grams;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- mustard seeds to taste.
French meat in the oven. Simple recipe
- Both beef and pork are suitable for preparing this dish. I love beef more. Therefore, I take a frozen piece of beef, give it time to freeze and cut into portioned slices, the thickness I need. I set it aside. While it will defrost, we will prepare the remaining ingredients.
- We take potatoes, peel and rub on a coarse grater.
- Dip the grated potatoes into salted water. This will prevent darkening, as well as slightly salt the potatoes themselves.
- We peel the onion from the husk, cut into very thin half rings, squeeze the potatoes from the water.
- Lubricate the bottom of the mold with sunflower oil and spread the potatoes into it.
- The meat is already completely ready by this time, we beat it well.
- Slices of beef, salt, pepper and on each piece of meat we spread a little bit of mustard seeds - to taste.
- We spread the prepared meat on the potatoes.
- We crush the onion with our hands so that it begins to secrete juice.
- Put the onion on the meat and crush it a little.
- We take mayonnaise and sprinkle our dish, you can make a mayonnaise net, but very thin.
- Grate the cheese on a coarse grater, take 100-150 grams of mayonnaise and mix with cheese.
- We distribute our ready-made mixture of cheese and mayonnaise over the entire surface of the onion.
- We put in the oven for 30-40 minutes, the temperature is 170-180 degrees.
- At the end of cooking, leave our dish in the oven for another 20 minutes, so it will be even juicier.
While our meat is infused, I will share with you a couple of secrets. Potatoes are rubbed on a coarse grater, and not cut into rings, as in most recipes, so that it is even juicier and completely saturated with all the juices that produce meat and onions during cooking. And we mixed cheese with mayonnaise so that the crust was not so stiff and fried, but on the contrary was tender and juicy.
Our dish is ready! Let's try it! I and “Very Delicious” wish you bon appétit and recommend that you follow the updates on our website. Here you will always find many delicious and simple recipes for yourself! And pay attention to the recipe for cooking meat in French and the step-by-step recipe for meat in French in the oven.