You can’t even imagine what a magnificent mackerel is in tomato: awesomely tender, incredibly aromatic, with a rich taste. To say that it is delicious is to say nothing. Pickled mackerel looks very, very appetizing, and the taste is simply divine: tempting appetizing home-made fish for the whole family. The main thing is not to swallow such yummy with a fork! Try pickling fish in tomato according to this recipe: and you will get a lot of pleasant experiences.
- freshly frozen mackerel (herring) - 2 pieces;
- onions - 2 pieces;
- vegetable oil - 80 milliliters;
- water - 200 milliliters;
- tomato sauce (ketchup) - 250 milliliters;
- vinegar (9%) - 1.5 tablespoons;
- salt - 1 tablespoon without a slide;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon with a slide;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- cloves - 2-3 pieces;
- peas of black pepper - 10 pieces;
- bay leaf - 3 pieces.
Splendid mackerel in tomato. Step by step recipe
- To prepare the tomato marinade, we need a saucepan (for this I use a small saucepan, but you can take a stewpan).
- Pour water into the prepared pan (according to the recipe) and send it to the stove.
- Pour salt into a saucepan with water (one teaspoon without a hill), sugar, add a little black pepper, cloves, black peppercorns and bay leaf.
- The contents of the pan are brought to a boil and after the water boils, let it boil for a few more minutes.
- Then we send tomato sauce to the pan, mix well and bring the contents of the pan back to a boil.
- Tip: during the preparation of the marinade for a great mackerel, instead of tomato sauce, you can use ketchup.
- As soon as the tomato in the pan begins to boil, add 1.5 tablespoons of vinegar (for tomato marinade we use 9% vinegar), and mix everything again.
- Tip: if you add ketchup rather than tomato sauce, you may need less vinegar.
- Let the tomato boil over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Now we add vegetable oil to the tomato, mix and let it boil again for several minutes. Ready tomato marinade for a great mackerel, remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Onions (I used medium-sized onions) are peeled, washed and cut into half rings.
- Two freshly frozen mackerels, remove the peel from them and clean the middle. Mackerel will be well cleaned if it does not completely melt.
- Tip: Instead of mackerel, you can use fresh-frozen herring, but the mackerel is much tastier.
- Cut the prepared mackerel into portioned slices, and then cut each piece of fish in half and remove the bone from the inside.
- To pickle mackerel in tomato, we need a container with a lid (I use a deep food tray with a lid).
- In the prepared tray, put half the onion cut in half rings, put the whole fish on the onion and on top - a layer of onion.
- Pour the entire contents of the tray with a tomato marinade (the marinade should not be hot, but a little warm) and cover tightly with a lid.
- We leave the fish in the marinade for at least six hours, and it is best to leave it overnight.
Stunningly delicious mackerel marinated in tomato will appeal to everyone: from small to large. Be sure to take the recipe for delicious delicious mackerel in service. My mother very often pickles not mackerel, but herring according to this recipe: it also turns out deliciously. “Very tasty” wishes you a great mood. Come back often: we have prepared for you many more simple step-by-step recipes for awesomely tasty dishes.