An excellent dinner dish, which is loved by all my household: braised herring in sour cream. Herring in sour cream is hearty and incredibly tasty: sour cream gives the stewed fish tenderness and juiciness. Appetizing braised herring appetizer is a great addition to potato, vegetable or rice dishes. Cooking herring in sour cream according to my recipe is very easy: and delicious fish stew, with an incredible aroma, will delight everyone.
- one kilogram of fresh-frozen herring;
- one glass of sour cream;
- 2 onions;
- salt and spices to taste;
- greens - to taste;
- vegetable oil - for frying;
- flour for boning fish.
Herring stewed in sour cream. Step by step recipe
- Defrost the fish at room temperature (do not do this in a microwave or hot water), remove the fins and head, cut off the tail.
- We remove the insides from the herring, clean it from the black film.
- We cut the herring into portions (if you wish, you can remove the seeds, I will not do this).
- Salt and pepper to taste, mix.
- Onions are peeled, cut into thin quarter rings.
- Pour vegetable oil into a pan, heat it up.
- Roll pieces of herring in flour, spread in heated vegetable oil.
- Fry on one side until golden brown, turn over and immediately sprinkle with chopped onions.
- We cover the pan with a lid, simmer over low heat until the onion becomes soft and transparent.
- Then fill the fish with onion sour cream. Sprinkle with any herbs (to your taste), cover the pan with a lid.
- Stew fish in sour cream for about 5 minutes: we need sour cream to melt. Turn off the fire immediately and you can serve herring in sour cream on the table.
A great side dish for stewed herring boiled potatoes or boiled rice. Delicate and fragrant herring in sour cream diversifies your menu - and delight you with its taste. You watch various recipes of herring dishes on my channel and on the site “Very tasty”.