For fish lovers there is an excellent recipe: salted herring at home. There are a large number of marinades that can give various flavoring paints. The most important thing is to choose a tasty and high-quality fish. About how to buy it correctly, and how to salt a salted herring at home, I will tell you in this article. I think that this recipe is considered the simplest. Herring is being prepared quickly, and there are not many products for salting.
- herring - 9 pieces;
- water - 2 liters;
- cloves - 1 piece;
- allspice peas - 1 handful;
- black pepper - about 15 peas;
- bay leaf - 3 pieces;
- 6 tablespoons of salt;
- 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Home-made salted herring. Step by step recipe
One of the most important points in preparing a delicious salted herring at home is the selection of good fish. I will give you some tips to help you choose the perfect salting product.
- It is necessary to buy fish exclusively frozen. If you saw that the herring lies on the trading counter separately, then it is better not to take it. There is a possibility that the product was thawed repeatedly. As we know, such meat is not of high quality.
- Pay attention to the color of the herring: it should be shiny, without rust spots. If it was thawed during the storage of products, then defects in the color of the fish appear. Yellowness is usually observed in the abdominal region.
- In order for the delicious salted herring recipe to work out, give preference to quality fish.
They chose the fish, you can proceed to the ambassador.
- We take a frozen briquette with fish and leave at room temperature. After it melts, rinse under running water.
- Now we begin to prepare the brine according to the recipe: for this, we should collect two liters of water in the dishes.
- Add to the water one clove, about 15 peas of black pepper and a little less fragrant.
- Take three bay leaves and add to the brine.
- Now pour salt. To do this, it is necessary to maintain the proportions: 3 tablespoons per 1 liter. We have two liters of water, so you should pour 6 full tablespoons.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- We put the resulting mixture on low heat and wait until the water boils. Spices should be boiled in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Then remove the pan and leave the liquid to cool. This is the brine recipe for salted spicy herring at home.
- Next, you need to completely put the fish in a container and fill with chilled brine. Close the dishes. You can also use a glass three-liter jar.
- We send the container to the balcony. Keep in mind that the optimal temperature for salting fish is 0 degrees. Salted herring is being prepared at home quite quickly: only three days.
After three days, you can get your fish and treat your loved ones. I am sure that they will be delighted. You can watch a video of making salted herring at home on the culinary site “I Love Cooking”. By the way: here you will find many more delicious and interesting recipes.