I want to share a recipe for an exquisite, incredibly tasty foie gras paste, which is easy to cook at home and does not pay a lot of money when buying in stores. This foie gras made a splash at my holiday, everyone was delighted with my treats. In reality, it is prepared from the liver of overfilled lumps, but together with “I love to cook” we offer you a more affordable, but not the least worse option - from chicken liver.
- chicken liver - 350 grams;
- onion - 2 pieces;
- milk - 200-300 milliliters;
- butter - 100 grams;
- melted chicken fat - 2-3 tablespoons;
- dry white wine - 100 milliliters;
- salt, pepper, thyme - to taste.
Homemade foie gras. Step by step recipe
- Clean the chicken liver from spitting and soak in milk for 5-6 hours, keep in the refrigerator, then place on a sieve.
- Fry in butter (about 50 grams) over low heat for about 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Chop the onion and fry in melted chicken fat for 3-4 minutes, add wine and simmer until the sauce evaporates. Cool a little.
- Mix the liver and onions, season with salt and spices, beat with a blender until smooth. I also add about 30-50 grams of butter, for a more delicate creamy taste.
- Put in a form covered with cling film. Send to freeze in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- For long-term storage of this paste, put the mixture into a mold, pour melted chicken or goose fat. Close tightly, keep in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Our most tender foie gras is ready! Serve with croutons or bread. For this paste, you can use goose, duck or rabbit liver. And fantasize with various additions (mushrooms, sauces).
"I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit!