You will find one of the most successful combinations of chicken and mushrooms in Kavurma: fried chicken with mushrooms in Turkish. Aromatic herbs and spices help complement the taste. Not a single holiday of Kurban Bayram is complete without such a dish. Tender, juicy and soft meat will bring unforgettable pleasure to everyone. I propose to cook fried chicken in Turkish: and get real pleasure from kavurma.
- chicken fillet - 250 grams;
- onions - 1 medium piece;
- bell pepper - 2 medium pieces;
- one large clove of garlic;
- champignon mushrooms - 5 large mushrooms;
- tomatoes - 1 piece;
- a mix of olive and sunflower oil - 1.5 tablespoons each;
- red pepper - to your liking;
- oregano - 0.5 teaspoon;
- salt, pepper to taste.
Kavurma: fried chicken with mushrooms in Turkish. Step by step recipe
- The first thing we start with is fry vegetables. Cut the onion into small cubes. We clear the pepper from the core and seeds, cut it first into strips, then into small cubes. The size of the sliced vegetables, it is desirable that it be as uniform as possible. Then they will be fried equally.
- Pour the sunflower and olive oil into the pan, heat it and send our vegetables. Passage well.
- In the classic Turkish recipe, cream is used instead of vegetable oil: about 100 grams. You can cook according to my version, or you can try cooking with butter.
- We cut the mushrooms approximately 1 by 1.5 centimeters: that is, into medium pieces. We also cut the chicken into cubes: approximately the same size.
- When the onions and peppers are slightly fried, add the mushrooms. Do not cover with a lid. Stir constantly and do not let it burn. When the mushrooms released water, decreased in volume, add the chicken. We mix everything with a spatula. The fire should be above average: it is necessary not to go far from the pan, constantly mix.
- While everything is fried, we chop the tomato and garlic. Dice the tomato very finely, and chop the garlic with a knife.
- When the chicken and mushrooms are fried, we reduce the heat, add the tomatoes with garlic, salt, pepper and add oregano. Cover and cook over low heat for about 7-10 minutes. Turn off and serve.
You can serve kavurmu with chicken and mushrooms like me: with rice - or any other side dish to your taste. The dish is very hearty, tasty, the aroma of herbs is amazingly combined with mushrooms and chicken. “I love cooking” continues to continue to search for you delicious, family and very simple recipes. Good appetite!