Lula kebab in the oven - I never could have imagined that this was even possible. I always ordered this dish in a cafe and ate with pleasure, but at the same time I thought that it was possible to cook it only on charcoal. I did not know that a cradle in the oven is very simple and, most importantly, tasty. I found the recipe on the youtube video site. And ready to share it with you.
- 0.5 kilogram of pork;
- 0.5 kilograms of beef;
- 50 grams of lamb fat;
- 1 onion;
- a bunch of green onions;
- a bunch of parsley;
- salt (to taste);
- spices: hops - suneli, basil, chili pepper;
- 50 grams of water;
- wooden skewers.
Oven skewers in the oven. Step by step recipe
- Since we will cook kebab in the oven so that the skewers do not burn, it is better to pre-soak them in cold water. While the kebab is fried, the skewers will be dried.
- We prepare the minced meat: we twist the pork and beef in a meat grinder. Three lamb fat on a fine grater and mix with minced meat, the minced meat will be juicier and with a slight taste of lamb (I did not put lamb fat, because I do not like very fatty dishes, and lamb too).
- Add finely chopped onions there: onions (I twist onions in a meat grinder to make it less noticeable), green onions and parsley. Mix well.
- Add salt and spices to taste (I added ground black pepper instead of chili). Pour some water. Once again, mix everything very well until smooth. Stuffing should turn out like a dough.
- We turn on the oven and while it is warming up, remove the minced meat in the refrigerator, for about 30 minutes, so that it is easier to “sculpt” sausages from it.
- The oven must be heated to maximum temperature so that the kebab does not fall apart (I have a maximum of 300 degrees).
- Wet hands in water and sculpt sausages. We get the skewers out of the water. The resulting minced sausages “squeeze” the skewers.
- Ready-made lula “lay” on a baking sheet. (It’s better to take a deep baking sheet and put the skewers so that they are on the edges of the baking sheet, and the cradle itself “hangs” in the middle).
- After 20 minutes, turn over.
- We wait another 20 minutes and get the finished dish out of the oven.
Homemade kebab can be served with any side dish: potatoes, rice, buckwheat or pasta. And you can decorate the dish as follows: we cover the plate with thin pita bread, put one or two sausages of the lula in the center and sprinkle with a pickled onion. Along the perimeter of the plate is everything your heart desires (it can be either vegetables or a side dish). On the site "Very tasty" you will find many sauces for kebab. Enjoy your meal!