Kefir chicken, baked in the oven according to my recipe, has a very interesting taste. Incredibly tender, fried meat, topped with a fragrant crisp. Oven-baked chicken is an excellent tasty whip up dinner and, at the same time, an ideal meat dish for a festive table. Slices of chicken in kefir marinade can not only be baked in the oven, but also stewed, fried in a pan, and also - this is an ideal option for a barbecue on the nature.
- one chicken carcass (weighing about 1.5 kilograms);
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt;
- three cloves of garlic;
- one onion head;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- seasoning hops-suneli - 1 teaspoon;
- 600-800 milliliters of kefir 2.5% fat (kefir should completely cover the chicken).
Chicken in kefir. Step by step recipe
- We wash the chicken carcass (approximately 1.5 kilograms in weight) well, dry it and cut into not too large portions. Fold in a deep bowl.
- In a separate plate we put salt, black pepper, seasoning to taste (I have hops-suneli, 1 teaspoon, but you can use chicken seasoning) and chopped garlic cloves (grate, chop or pass through a press). Pour 100 milliliters of kefir (of the total) and mix well.
- Pour kefir with seasonings into the meat, mix, let stand for a while so that the chicken acquires a rich aroma of spices.
- Add to the meat one head of onion, cut into a quarter rings. Pour all the remaining kefir: it is necessary that the kefir marinade completely covers the meat. Mix well again.
- We close the lid with the chicken in the marinade and send it to the refrigerator: for at least two hours. I usually leave pickling all over the night: from the prepared meat the next day, you can quickly cook dinner.
- We spread the finished chicken meat (together with the marinade) on a deep baking sheet or shape, level it with a spatula. We put in the oven preheated to 180 degrees: for 60-70 minutes.
Fragrant, tender, awesomely delicious chicken marinated in kefir and baked in the oven, ready to be served. We serve unusually juicy chicken meat, decorating portioned plates with fresh vegetables and herbs. On the site “I like to cook” you will find my other recipes: as well as a video of their preparation.