I want to share a recipe for oriental cuisine, quite popular: a khanum in a double boiler is a tasty and satisfying roll with meat and potatoes. If you love manti, then this lazy mant will definitely be to your taste. Juicy and fragrant filling in thin tender dough is an excellent dish for the whole family for lunch or dinner. And most importantly - you don’t have to bother with the dough for a long time: they rolled out the layer, wrapped the whole filling, and you're done.
- one kilogram of flour;
- two fresh chicken eggs;
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- one tablespoon of salt;
- 500 milliliters of boiling water.
- 1.4 kilograms of minced meat;
- 700 grams of onion;
- one fresh chicken egg;
- 3-4 potatoes;
- salt and spices to taste;
- one large carrot;
- 150 grams of hard cheese.
Khanum in a double boiler. Step by step recipe
- Sift the wheat flour into a deep bowl, add salt and sunflower oil to it. We drive in fresh chicken eggs. Pour boiling water over everything.
- Knead the dough in a dough machine or a blender with a special nozzle. But you can do without technology: first, mix everything with a spatula or spoon, and when it becomes not so hot, continue to knead with your hands.
- Round the dough, put in a bowl, cover and leave for a while.
- For the filling, we will need minced pork and beef (I cooked it myself, but you can use the purchased one as well).
- Tip. Instead of pork and beef, you can use lamb mince.
- Peel all onions, wash and chop finely with a knife.
- Minced meat is combined with onions in a deep saucepan (to make it easier to stir), salt to taste, add your favorite spices.
- Add one egg to the minced meat and mix well with a spoon or hands.
- We also prepare the remaining ingredients for the filling and put them in different bowls.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into small cubes.
- Rubbed carrots on a coarse grater.
- Hard cheese is also rubbed on a coarse grater.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular layer, about 2 millimeters thick.
- We spread the minced meat, distributing it over the entire surface of the dough.
- We put potatoes and carrots on the minced meat. Salt a little.
- Sprinkle with cheese and turn the layer into a roll.
- We fix the ends. We send the roll to the double boiler for about one hour.
We take out the lazy mantis from the double boiler, coat with a mixture of melted butter and greens, cut into portions and serve. To make the filling even more interesting, you can add a pumpkin. And there are a great many sauces: serve each time with a new one - and get new tastes. And recipes of sauces for every taste you can find on our site “Very tasty”.