Tasty and quick to prepare a dish - lean lazy dumplings with potatoes - I recommend to cook for everyone who observes fasting. I myself cook them often and with pleasure: simple products are always available, and since they do not have a filling, a fantasy is included in the work: how and with what to serve boiled pieces of potato dough.
I am asking you to go to the kitchen, and together we will prepare an unusually tasty, fragrant and nutritious dinner of lazy potato dumplings for the whole family. And you will see that fasting is delicious and easy.
- 400 grams of potato (approximately 2 very large or 4 medium tubers);
- 170 grams of wheat flour;
- 80 grams semolina
- half a teaspoon of salt;
- a teaspoon of dry sweet paprika;
- one onion head;
- 150 grams of fresh champignons (or any other fresh or frozen mushrooms);
- 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable (sunflower) oil.
Lazy potato dumplings. Step by step recipe
- Pour the boiled potatoes into a deep bowl, turn them into mashed potatoes with the help of a pusher (try to knead without lumps).
- In the finished mashed potatoes we start pouring semolina, salt and paprika.
- We start adding a little sifted flour and knead the dough. It should turn out soft, elastic, but not stick to your hands. Knead it for a long time is not worth it. (Adjust the amount of flour yourself - depending on the gluten content, it may need a little more or a little less than in the recipe).
- We divide the prepared potato dough into several parts, each of which is rolled out with a “sausage”.
- Cut the resulting sausages into small pieces, roll them in flour.
- While we are cooking dumplings, we put a saucepan with water on the fire. After boiling water, put salt in it.
- We put our dumplings into boiling water. We mix them immediately so as not to stick together, and leave to cook.
We ourselves are preparing a roast at this time.
- Finely chop one head of onion and fry in a pan with warmed vegetable oil (sunflower or olive - to your taste).
- We cut mushrooms into arbitrary pieces (or any other mushrooms) and send them to the pan with onions. Continue to fry for a few more minutes, until cooked.
- Ready lazy potato dumplings get out of the pan with a slotted spoon as soon as they emerge. And then we shift them into a frying pan with a frying of onions and mushrooms.
- Fry well on all sides, stirring for two minutes, and pepper to taste.
Serve delicious potato dumplings, sprinkled with fresh herbs. If desired, you can decorate and serve with lean homemade mayonnaise. We have also selected for you recipes for lean dishes for each day of Lent. Come visit: you will not regret it.