Lent has not yet ended, therefore I propose a lean recipe for onion pancakes. By the way, such pancakes can be cooked not only during fasting, but also when you want something new, tasty and satisfying. After all, onion pancakes with yeast, cooked at home, look very appetizing: lush, crispy on top and tender inside, with a wonderful aroma that awakens the appetite.
- whole grain wheat flour - 250 grams;
- water - 200 milliliters;
- pressed live yeast - 12 grams;
- vegetable oil - 60 milliliters;
- onions - 2 pieces;
- salt to taste;
- granulated sugar - 0.5 teaspoon.
Lenten onion pancakes. Step by step recipe
- Our lean onion pancakes will be prepared from yeast dough, so first prepare the dough. To do this, add live pressed yeast to half a glass of warm water and stir well. You can immediately add half a teaspoon of granulated sugar and a spoonful of flour: so that the yeast reacts faster and the yeast cap grows. Leave the dough in a warm place for 10-15 minutes. You can not wait for the yeast to react, but start cooking immediately: but I recommend that you do not rush.
- Sift flour into a separate bowl, add the rest of the water.
- When the yeast in the dough is taken in bubbles, you can salt the dough and mix with flour and water.
- Tip. I do not recommend salting the yeast before they react, since the yeast is live, and salt is a preservative. If you prematurely salt the yeast, they may not “sprout”.
- Gradually adding vegetable oil, knead the dough. Its consistency should resemble sour cream.
- Sprinkle the finished dough with flour, cover with a napkin on top and send it to a warm place: so that the dough “fits”.
- Meanwhile, cut the peeled onions into small cubes.
- In a preheated frying pan, in sunflower oil, fry our onion for lean pancakes until a light goldfish is formed. Fry over moderate heat, and leave to cool completely.
- Ready fried and cooled onions are added to the dough, which came up and increased in volume. We mix the dough again, and again leave it for ten minutes so that the dough “rests”.
- In the dough, you can add a little black ground pepper to your onion pancakes, your favorite seasonings: for example, oregano or Provence herbs - they will give the pancakes a Mediterranean flavor. You can also season the dough for fritters with dried, chopped tomatoes and green dill.
- When the dough came up a second time, we begin to fry our lean pancakes.
- Pour the oil into the preheated pan, when it is well warmed up, we begin to fry the pancakes, spreading onion dough in a hot oil with a tablespoon. Fry the lean yeast pancakes until golden brown on both sides.
- Tip. It is very important to put the dough for fritters in a well-heated oil, otherwise the fritters absorb a lot of fat. To find out if the oil is warmed up enough, you need to put one spoonful of dough and see: if the edges of the pancake are bubbling up, then the oil is warmed up well; if there is no reaction - then you need to wait a little longer.
Finished onion lean pancakes should be put on a paper towel so that it absorbs excess fat. Serve such pancakes must be hot: you can with sour cream or mayonnaise sauce. It is very tasty to eat onion pancakes, washed down with tomato juice. Visit our site “Very Delicious” - and cook delicious and fast dishes every day and for festive events.