I propose to diversify the 2017 Lenten menu for those who observe Lent: and prepare a delicious lean bean paste with mushrooms. The delicate, unusually fragrant mushroom paste reminds meats of meat according to taste (it is not for nothing that mushrooms were called “forest beef” in the old days). We smear the mushroom paste on black bread (you cannot eat white during fasting, but believe me, black is much tastier) - and incredibly tasty sandwiches are ready. And you can grease lean pancakes with mineral paste on a mineral water and roll up a tube - and there is no problem with lunch. Intrigued? We start to cook.
- 100 grams of dry white beans;
- 200 grams of any fresh (or frozen) mushrooms;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 3 tablespoons of refined vegetable oil;
- a small bunch of any greenery;
- salt, spices - to taste.
Lenten paste. Incredibly delicious! Step by step recipe
- Soak beans in advance (can be for 4 hours or all night) and cook until fully cooked: it should be soft, boiled.
- Chop the onion very finely.
- Grate carrots, preferably on a fine, grater.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a preheated pan (I use refined deodorized sunflower oil, but you can take olive and flaxseed - orient yourself to your taste).
- Put onions, fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the carrots into the pan with onions and also fry, with constant stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
- Put the mushrooms in the pan (you can not cut them). Fry until (naturally stirring) until all the liquid secreted by the mushrooms evaporates. I did with fresh champignons, but you can use any others: fresh oyster mushrooms (available in any store) or frozen (the same mixture of forest mushrooms).
- Turn off the fire and wait for the vegetables to cool completely.
- Transfer cooled vegetables to a bowl of beans. Add to taste spices, salt and pepper.
- Put everything in a bowl and grind it with a submersible blender or food processor.
- Pour chopped greens (parsley, dill - or a mixture thereof) and chop until tender.
We spread the lean paste of mushrooms and beans in jars and store in the refrigerator. Mushroom paste is an ideal option not only for breakfast and dinner, but also in order to hire: for a lunch snack. You can see the Lenten menu for every day of the Lent on our website “I Love Cooking”. Pay attention to the Lenten Pie "Monastic" lean cutlets.